Feedback for Slingshot

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Slingshot WAS a customer of ours. (past tense, we will no longer accept business from him in the future) He has had us do a rephase, which he was happy with, as well as a custom modified triple tree which took us a very long time to get to. Honestly, we forgot it was even in the shop. Once I realized my mistake, I made sure to get the work done ASAP. Lots of custom machining and welding was done to make his Honda CBR trees fit an XS650 headtube. Since it took so long, I apologized, and charged him only for materials and shipping back to him. I took good care of him on that project.

Then, he insisted we modify his clutch for an 8 Pack Mod, which we have not offered to the public yet. I told him he could mail it in, and we would get to it when we had the time. Spring has been exceptionally busy for us, and we had his clutch here for 2 months. He asked a few times when we would get to it, and I had honest intentions of getting it done when I would reply. But we got busy, and it was put on list of things "to-do" in the shop. This list is HUGE right now. I offered to send it back to him a few times, as he seemed rushed for the job, and I don't like rushing custom machining, especially when it's still in the testing and R&D stages and not regular production/modification. He eventually became frustrated and impatient with us not working as fast as he would like - so I mailed his clutch back to him last week. As much as I wanted to make things right by him, I have seen that I cannot do so. I can't please 100% of the people, 100% of the time. Since then, he has blasted us on the boards, called us a few choice names, sent hateful emails, and "prayed that we get a clue about how to run a business" :laugh:

So yes, he has a beef with us. We never took any money from him on the clutch, sent it back to him no charge, and barely covered cost of materials on the triple trees we modified for him. We never agreed to modify his clutch in exchange for being slow on the machining of his Triple Trees. He is simply one of those customers that we could not please. I saw he had some issues with Jon at Arcore, and treated them about the same way.

I was hesitant to bring this out to the open, as I never want to treat my customers poorly. However, seeing as Slingshot has been hitting the forums and calling us a "Bad Business" with "Poor Customer Service" I was compelled to do so... The rest of my customers know the truth, we go above and beyond, because We Love What We Do, and We love to see these old bikes hitting the road again :thumbsup:

Back