slips outa gears when in high rpm ,when giving it the beens

smolikj

grip it n rip it
Reaction score
ok i have a 82 650 sh and i just jetted it and when i pulling hard shifting threw the gears when its up in the rpms and i mean[ ripping on it] likes to jump out of gear . what is its problem :banghead: fresh 14w40 rotella and new filter . found some crap on the drain plugs but thought it was kinda average for that old of a motor:shrug:
so if anyone has some thought please by all means i'm all ears , thanks in advance,
and how to adjust timing and air jet on these carbs and there is no externall adjuster that i can see? i think there bs 34

it just slips into neutral. clutch does not slip . before i jetted it kinda did it in fourth and now when i bang gears it did it in 3rdpulls pretty hard 45 pilot and 137.5 mains.

14w40 rotella?? drain that shit fargo
try 20/50 motorcycle oil. wet sump trans, maybe thats your devil?

sorry 15w 40 . island boy . no need for names k,and i'm far from fargo . if you would do research on past threads rotella works just fine. i had 10w40 in it and same problem, and i quote [ my clutch does not slip]

"brainerd, mn"?? didn't get my jk or see the movie I guess...?

You said: when i pulling hard shifting threw the gears when its up in the rpms and i mean[ ripping on it] likes to jump out of gear . what is its problem?

Try a different oil. Simple suggestion. I could be wrong but whatever, just tryin to help. How are you sure that your clutch isn't slipping when it jumps out of gear???

ok i seen fargo , not impressed now back to the point......but i can shift in low rpms and then give it the beens it stays in gear. if i'm in the top end and try banging gears thats when she is not diggin it ? :banghead:

xs650rightur2.jpg

That spring is your problem. Replace it.

It was dangling on my bike when I got it. Once the new spring went on everything was a-okay.

so can i get to the spring without taking the clutch off / apart ? :thumbsup:

Yup, but you NEED to use some sort of long tipped pliers to get the side closest to the front of the motor back on if you choose to keep the clutch on.

Took me probably 10 minutes of going 'Oh I got it!' and then it slipped off before I finally got it to stay :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

cool thanks for the advice , but now i go to call the shop and there like[ i know what your talking about but i cant find the part].......:wtf::banghead::doh: so how can i come across the right one and not have to go to fleet farm and be disapointed :confused:

Back