small battery

mine says 7.0 Ah, but everyone else's battery says .5ah(or.6, or.7) did the company thet made my battery put the decimal point in the wrong spot? or is it really a 7.0Ah?

Heres mine
Capacitor & a small battery 1.3 AH, Boyer Ignition, Permanent mag & kick only
Wiring it this way was the only way the bike would run & have the headlight on at the same time

Attachments

• P6280357.jpg
    P6280357.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 666
A 7.0 amp/hour battery will be about 6 inches long by 3.75 inches tall and 2 inches deep. At least the two I have are.

Photo05151426-vi.jpg

see, leo. its maybe 3 inches deep, but the rest of your dimensions are ther-bouts. what gives with the .7 vs 7?

Angus the battery you show is a 7 amp/hour battery.
The amp/hour rating is how long the battery can sustian a current draw before it becomes discharged. A 7 amp/hour battery can sustain 7 amps of draw for 1 hour. A .7 amp/hour can sustain a 7 amp draw for about 6 minutes.

- u.d - im a bit concerned about your rec-reg being there, they can get rather hot, hence the cooling fins and really should have a good air flow over them

yeah its just there for now. im going to be making a new fiberglass tray to mount everything properly and i plan on putting the reg/rec in a diff location with more airflow

Mine is up front, made a bracket to hold Reg/Rec & horn

Attachments

• P7130369.jpg
    P7130369.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 647
after reading this i searched ebay for a 12v 1.2ah battery "same thing my huge stock battery says" and found one on ebay cheap that is pretty darn small also. so would this mean it would have all the same capabilities as my stock battery? if so why is mine so huge when this one is so small? so could i use this battery with all my stock electronics and e-start as a replacement for my battery in a way smaller package? http://cgi.ebay.com/RHINO-12V-1-2-A...454808472?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item43a074a798

I don't think your hugh stock battery said 12 volt 1.2 ah. It more likely said 12 volt 12 ah. The early battery was a 12 ah, the later was 14ah.

Cna someone point me in the direction of a good wiring diagram for my setup:
  • boyer blue box setup
  • kickstart only
  • 12v headlight with hi/lo
  • tailight
  • two brake switches
  • horn
  • one of these batteries
  • stock everything else

I want to make sure I wire this bad boy right.

I've actually installed one of these uber small TRIPLE iii batteries. Pros: it's super small and can be mounted anywhere. Cons: I can't figure out how to charge it. When I first hooked it up...Lights, Camera, Action... but that only last about a day or so. I've tried to change it via a trickle charger, no luck. Anyone else have this issue. I purchased it on ebay, and have asked for a refund. Still waiting on reply.

Alfredo, up at the top of the page, click tech, scroll down to electrical, click on the diagrams thread. Pick one.

I've actually installed one of these uber small TRIPLE iii batteries. Pros: it's super small and can be mounted anywhere. Cons: I can't figure out how to charge it. When I first hooked it up...Lights, Camera, Action... but that only last about a day or so. I've tried to change it via a trickle charger, no luck. Anyone else have this issue. I purchased it on ebay, and have asked for a refund. Still waiting on reply.

Connect the small battery in parallel to any regular lead acid battery and then to the charger on low, after about 10 minutes, disconnect the regular battery and let the small battery charge for a few more minutes. That should get you enough juice to run the bike without overcharging it on the charger.

Back