spokes to mags, wheel conversion

Twisted XS

XS Diehard
Reaction score
I am building an XS 650 hardtail and I want to run with aluminum mag wheels as opposed to the spoked wheels for the soul purpose of having a rear disc. Can anyone tell me the proper way to switch the wheels over and how to space them. I also would like to know where to put the caliper and how to properly brace it?

The caliper mount fits on the axle and it acts as a wheel spacer for that side. I'm pretty sure the sprocket side uses the same spacers as the drum wheel.

The easiest way is to use a disc brake swingarm, but you still have to fabricate a frame mount for the rear master cylinder.

So basically everything stays the same and all I have to do is use and arm mounted to a bracket on the frame to secure it? Thanks for the help.
I have one more question though. How do I connect the brake pedal to the plunger on the master cylinder?

Maybe these pics will help. That's the stock brake stay.

Attachments

• rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 176
  • rsz_bikes_004.jpg
    rsz_bikes_004.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 120
  • rsz_bikes_001.jpg
    rsz_bikes_001.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 134
Thanks for the help everyone I'm going to swap them over tomorrow and swap out the XS forks for a harly springer so it should go smoothly now.
Tech 7 you need to send me pics of the completed bike. I'm a huge hardtail fan andam really interested in seeing the bike completed.

Back