Steps for replacing the valve stem seals ?

You can lock down the rear wheel with the adjusting nut, no extra fat folk needed.
A plastic wedge from the chain saw department will work to "jam" the chain and sprocket. Instead of putting it between the chain and bottom of the front sprocket try going between the chain and top of the rear sprocket. No chance of bending the shift shaft there.

Thanks WR. I'll check that out. Gonna try to find time to do some work on her tomorrow afternoon if i can.

Look for This is how I roll under Pictures to see some pics of the bike I took yesterday..

Front sprocket was tight. It turned just a bit on re torque, but not much. 80 lbs. I've ordered a new countershaft seal and washer. Also a dip shit gasket and new valve cover orings. Gonna hold on the valve seals until I do the countershaft seal and see how that affects my oil levels. Im convenced that Im losing most of it there and not burning it. My buddy at work says he smells oil burning, so I am burning some, I dont think much. One thing at a time. I'll do the valve stem seals next.

Back