Stock controls wiring issue, NEED HELP !!

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I will be using the LEFT stock headlight hi / low, turn signal, and horn buttons. There are SO MANY wires I have them traced to the switches i.e HI / LOW, yellow, light green, blue w/yellow, blue w/ green & yellow w/black. Then the TURN has brown w/white, yellow w/red dark green and maroon

On the RIGHT the stock panic kill (Which has a brown and a red w/ white wire) how would I wire that into the system I would imagine somehow tie into the toggle kill switch for the Pamco ???

In my own defense I DID NOT disassemble the bike, I am such a wiring IDIOT I would have traced and checked each function and LABLED EVERYTHING !!!
I HAVE looked at the schematic for the 80 BUT cant make heads or tails of the BOXES at the top of the page which are I am guessing the switches.

SURELY I dont need ALL these wires but I cant figure out which ones are and are NOT needed

PLEASE HELP the ELECTRONICLY CHALLENGED !!

Thanks,
Nick

I'm still sorting some of the bar switch functions meself. Suggest having the kill switch on as you fumble through so's not to throw some unwanted voltage down to your ignition. Shame you don't live closer, we could stare and drink beer to the wiring.

There are about 4-5 wires on the stock switches that are connected to the Safety Relay, and without it, are unneccesary.

When I get home I'll look quick at which ones I snipped.

Unfortunately though, you'll have 3 for turn signals, (one in, two out) 3 for headlight (one in, two out), 2 for kill switch (one in, one out), 2 for horn (one in, one out), two for brake switch. Starter is one or two, I dont use mine so I forget. Basically 12 wires at minimum on stock switches.

Thanks P ! That info you send tonight is what i need, if you could include which wire to what would be awsome !!!!

Dont need start as i will be kick only.

Thanks again !!!!
Nick

WONDERING, would it be possible to use an ohm and or voltage meter with my battery & some aligator clips in it to trace things out ? I am going CROSS EYED looking at schematics.

Yes to the above...tis how I sorted the kill switch for starters.
Then I'm dealing with a switch that needs cleaning...number one rule on these old ones is to clean the switches and connections, I should heed the advice.....but I'm anxious, one step forward and two steps back.

I am making real progress, got headlight hi & low sorted out, break & tail light sorted, also horn sorted. Now on to turn signals ! I am actually finding the right wires using an ohm meter then temp wiring them up to test my theroy, once everything is sorted i will do the perminant wiring !

Back