sump filter.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I lost my sump filter and sump plate, had it wrapped in a plastic bag on my bench, must have fallen off and found it's way into the bin, so, I had to buy a new filter and plate. Plate cost $48 Aust and I found this filter on ebay for $55. It doesn't have the flat section of gauze like the OEM filter, rather it has the gauze concertinaed around the entire periphery. I'll give this one a try, perhaps it won't destruct like the OEMs do and I can get away without a guard. Anybody else tried this filter?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 30
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 30
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 31
I lost my sump filter and sump plate, had it wrapped in a plastic bag on my bench, must have fallen off and found it's way into the bin, so, I had to buy a new filter and plate. Plate cost $48 Aust and I found this filter on ebay for $55. It doesn't have the flat section of gauze like the OEM filter, rather it has the gauze concertinaed around the entire periphery. I'll give this one a try, perhaps it won't destruct like the OEMs do and I can get away without a guard. Anybody else tried this filter?
I’m running them. So far, I have not had one fail. I don’t twist the throttle until the oil gets warm.

Same filter I use. Not have had a problem with any of them.

I’m running them. So far, I have not had one fail. I don’t twist the throttle until the oil gets warm.
Marty, how long do you let your bike run before you start riding it? I don’t idle mine for too long but for the first couple of km I keep the revs real low. I’m running 20W50 mineral oil iirc. Also using the Heiden Tuning sump filter.

IMG_4086.png

Marty, how long do you let your bike run before you start riding it? I don’t idle mine for too long but for the first couple of km I keep the revs real low. I’m running 20W50 mineral oil iirc. Also using the Heiden Tuning sump filter.

View attachment 260420
It’s running while I put on my jacket, helmet and gloves. Oops. I forgot my earplugs. Helmet off, on then go. I use 20W50 motorcycle oil. It’s whatever I get based upon availability and/or price. Synthetic sometimes.

Heiden. Only in NL. Ships to US. Stock replacements are cheap on eBay direct from China.
Can you supply a brand, or part number, or what vehicle/bike the filter is actually for. I can made my own adapter to bolt to the sump plate. The heiden conversion is around $160 in Oz,

Back