Tailoring, what am I missing?

Kevin Werner

Amatuer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
16515917568623916058179152777917.jpg

You might not want to compress the forks that tight. My practice is to attach the front straps to the bars and separate them widely at the trailer, as you've done, then tighten only far enough to compress the forks around 1/3 to 1/2 of the way, leaving them loose enough to do some work. I stop for inspection after the first few miles and tighten up if needed, and again down the road if too much sway develops (there should be some, but things shouldn't get floppy). Have a great trip and some fine rides!

Looks like the only thing your missing is the "R" in trailoring. also might want to replace that "O" with a E.:laugh: Superb job of tying that beautiful bike down though.:thumbsup: How far are you going?
Wisconsin to Ozarks, ~600 miles. Think how much longer it would take if I had to 950 km.

Those uhaul trailers work well. I always use my own wheel chock in the front. Holds the bike upright with confidence while tying it down solo.

Those uhaul trailers work well. I always use my own wheel chock in the front. Holds the bike upright with confidence while tying it down solo.
Tape (duct or electrical) your strap hooks to the tie down points so they don't dangle free and you find your self struggling from the wrong side with a falling over bike. Don't ask me how I know.

Hi TW,
apart from that you need spelling lessons, I'd say put a strap over the bike's seat area to hold it's back end down and be sure that the seat itself is safely placed in the towing vehicle.
Seat rides in the tow vehicle. It fastens with velcro and I was sure I would lose it encountered. Rear secured with straps around the frame just above swing arm pivot.

Back