tcbros simplified wiring harness..

i just finished rewiring my bike. kept just about everything, lights, signals, starter, horn, hi-beam indicator, signal indicator & neutral indicator. i also have a pamco & pma. it's a bit of a process but i'll tell you i'm glad i did it. i now have a slimmed down harness and a much better understanding of how the bike electronic system works. very rewarding experience...
Deadchef,
Sounds like you did what I need to do. Can you point me towards the correct diagram? I have a 1980 Special II (XS650G), Mikes PMA w Pamco and E advancer. Still isn't charging like it should so I want to clean it up.
Thanks!

Deadchef,
Sounds like you did what I need to do. Can you point me towards the correct diagram? I have a 1980 Special II (XS650G), Mikes PMA w Pamco and E advancer. Still isn't charging like it should so I want to clean it up.
Thanks!

i wish i documented my process better but unfortunately i didn't. but i can give you some tips from my experience.

first, in this thread http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61 (which is located in the tech area) there are some colored stock wiring diagrams (thanks 650skull & jayel). print out a copy of your bikes year. at that point i printed out a "verified" simplified layout and built on from there. also, think about your electrical system in modules or circuits. so with a 4 circuit fuse box i broke it down with one fuse for ignition, one for head/taillight, one for signals and one for the other stuff (pilot box lights, horn).

make sure you have a volt meter, a good soldering iron, good connectors, heat shrink wrap and plenty of wire. just take your time and when you're done you will be grinning from ear to ear when you hit that starter button and she comes to life!

Back