this episode of Cafe Racer H-D theater show

emzdogz

Aunty Em
Reaction score
so I'm watching back to back episodes and I'm happy because the last one featured an XS650. (and they had a hard time getting the engine into the frame har har har, made me feel a bit better. But anyway the episode that's on NOW, where I think the dude is going to do a CB450, and I have it on MUTE as we are discussing what chinese food to order and I look at the screen and I recognize the dude that owns the junk yard he goes to for donor stuff! It's like a mile away, and the, errr, proprietor is the same crazy mofo that was the owner last time I was there.
I don't get along with the guy AT ALL (because he's insane in some way, it seems, maybe not to others, but to me) so I can't do business there at all. Thinks his scrap is all worth a million bucks or something.
Anyway, I wish them no harm, I just won't darken their door to do business again.

Just thought that was interesting - and kind of alarming, to see this dude's FACE on my TV.

I really love this series, by the way, I'm so happy they got to make a few more episodes after the initial pilot episode.
:yikes:

Last edited:
lol!!!!!! this guy could have gotten a better CB450 for $700 from Craigslist!!!!!! It's great to see that the Scott dude is that way to everyone tho, not just to me. too funny!

I saw that episode and thought the junk yard owner was a little crazy.. I'm glad those guys laughed at every price he threw out even though they probably did end up paying too much for that CB450.

Kind of cool seeing something local on a national show though..

Travis, I'm so glad you saw it and knew which one I meant (and which guy I meant!). I look forward to seeing what those guys do with the CB. Now I have set the DVR to record the series.

I saw that episode and I also thought the guy to be a little wacky. It seems like a lot of the guys that have motorcycle junkyards figure everything they have is in mint condition and worth collector prices. They won't sell for a reasonable price, and a lot of very good motorcycles are left outside year after year, slowing becoming unusable. I would think that it would make more sense to price the stuff at market value, and turn more of it over. I think it's a power (or perceived power) thing. They enjoy refusing to sell at the right price and turning the customer away more than selling the bike.

There's a junkyard within about a half-hour of where I live that is pretty much the same way. He's got a lot of interesting bikes, like several XS650's, an SR500, a Honda FT500, a Honda CX650 (the turbo one), and several other cool bikes. They have all been sitting there a long time because he has everything priced as if it were rideable. I went back a second time to look at the SR, but fortunately my son was with me and talked me out of it. It truly was a POS from sitting outside for so long.

I tried to buy a semi-complete KZ400 from this yard because I had an engine to put in it. The owner said $150, which I thought was OK, but he then told me the title was extra. I asked how much extra. He said "I usually get $150-200 for titles". Needless to say, I didn't buy that either.

Last edited:
What! title extra? I'm assuming the bike didn't have a title and he had a process to get one?

I've been trying to catch that show and watched that episode. I enjoy watching it. Seemed like a lot of money for that 450 to me. There is a mc salvage yard about an hour from me and most of there stuff has been outside so long it's not hardly worth walking though to look at. On the other side of that there is a guy 15 minutes from me who is a breaker and he has just about every part for an XS that I think I could want. Some stuff I won't buy used but he's pretty cool and organized too.
He had an XS on the jack breaking it down and another in the driveway. A KZ650 in his truck. Need a special bolt he rummages thru a drawer and comes up with it.

^ That is crazy that he would even offer the parts bike without the title.. Seems like he's the one losing out if you take the bike without the title. Once the bike is gone, what's he going to do, throw the title in the trash?

^ That is crazy that he would even offer the parts bike without the title.. Seems like he's the one losing out if you take the bike without the title. Once the bike is gone, what's he going to do, throw the title in the trash?

I can't even begin to understand the thought process of some of these guys. Instead of making some beer money on an easy sale of a bike that wasn't worth much, and isn't in much demand, he gets nothing but the opportunity to watch it become scrap metal. :banghead:

Back