For Sale - Triumph

sonnysboy2

enjoying the ride!
Reaction score
Triumph project needs to be gone...thought I might try to build a bike, but it's way over my head..the pics speak for themselves...email me for more pics of what I've got...I want to sell it all as a whole...somebody tell me what's a fair price and we'll run with it..thnx! Sonny

Attachments

• triumph 4.jpg
    triumph 4.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 80
  • triumph 2.jpg
    triumph 2.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 78
  • triumph 3.jpg
    triumph 3.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 78
  • triumph 1.jpg
    triumph 1.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 85
  • T-4.jpg
    T-4.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 80
  • T-5.jpg
    T-5.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 71
  • T-6.jpg
    T-6.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 84
  • T-7.jpg
    T-7.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 81
  • T-1.jpg
    T-1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 69
  • T-2.jpg
    T-2.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 62
Hi sonny,
Oh dear. As Dr. Frankenstein might say:- "Igor, go dig up a fresher grave."
Humor aside, you may do better in finding a good home for the bike by contacting one of the U.S. based Triumph Owner's clubs.

I like messing with my XS better cause it gives me more time with the rubber on the road instead of the concrete in my garage...fired right up yesterday after a long cold winter..aah life is good!

The T120 bottom end is worth the money 69-70's Other number I would have to look up may be early on 64 or a 500. 1963 and back are two piece motors motor and trans separate. If you had that its money. DU goes up to the 69.
If you have a title for the frame that also can draw some money.
I have bought Triumphs in this condition before for under $1000. Complete rebuilt motor goes close to $2500. But what you got here is a lot of rust and all the parts will have to go over and be rebuilt. So not to bust your bubble if you got $600/$700 for it all the person buying it is taking a chance from the pictures I see. Rods look bad and by pictures you don't look like you have a complete motor so its a great buy for spares.
Your best bet is selling pieces on EBAY and you may make some money.:thumbsup:

OK looked up numbers and the DU is a 1963 LATE
The T120R is a 70's

Last edited:
Thnx! Got a guy offered me $650 for the lot and he sounded educated like you on what's here...I'll probably let him have it cause we're only about 125 miles away and pick up/drop off would be easy. I've lost communication with another guy, but that probably means he's no longer interested

6T motor number is a 650 Thunderbird 63' is my guess, first unit construction. Baxter Cycle in Marney Iowa buys Triumph parts.

Thnx!
What I like about this site...is that there's a tremendous amount of knowledge and passion linked to it...well of course we hall have a little BS in us, but hell it wouldn't be fun if we didn't. As always, eager to learn more..

Back