turn signals stop blinking???

jeffhatchjr

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
hey...i just bought an 81' XS i rode it home sat. went for a ride then the turn signals stopped blinking and the battery wont stay charged. can anyone help?

Based on all that I've read you need to make sure your bike has at least 12v to make the signals work. If it won't stay charged you have a draw somewhere. Will it run? If so do the signals work then?

Based on all that I've read you need to make sure your bike has at least 12v to make the signals work. If it won't stay charged you have a draw somewhere. Will it run? If so do the signals work then?

ya it runs fine when the battery is charged, i bought a multi-meter and have been checking it offen. the signals still dont work even when the battery is full charged :banghead:

My flashers were working today with 12.4 volts, well kinda. My left sig works fine but my left still isn't working. The blinker module makes the normal click then a delay then the normal blinker sounds. The right side just makes a kinda grinding sound like it's going super quick. I did put the charger on to see what happens at 14 volts, nothing new.

The way I got them to work was taking the switch all the way apart and using 400 grit sand paper and touching up everything I could see with any sort of grit on it. Just an update to my blinker issue, take a look at your switch.

Back