TX750 Swing Arm

yamimoto

All torque no action!
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I was fortunate enough to accquire an TX750 swing arm which I want to install on my '75. Does anyone know if an Omar's rear disc brake kit will work with this? I don't see why not but.....
Also, my I like the look of the original front fender on the '75 but have a set of 35mm forks for it which if I understand correctly will improve handling. Any thoughts on how to fit the original fender to the later forks? I could have tabs welded onto the later forks but have some concern about distortion. What about machining out the 34mm female part of the fork to accept a 35mm fork tube?
As always all input is appreciated.
Thanks,

On the side of the fork where the axle nut is, make a plate that fits under the nut and come up high enough to attach the fender braces too.
Do a simular adapter on the other side but mounts under the axle clamp bolts.
I got that info from a guy on here. Preston.
Leo

Leo, excellent suggestion, thank you. Simple and effective using existing fasteners etc. This forum and it's members are terrific. Because of the people on this forum I have two XS's which for the most part I can, with guidence, customize and maintain. It is so great that those of you with the knowledge are willing to help and share with those of us who need the help. Hopefully I need less help as time goes by....
Thanks all.
Yamimoto (Mark)

Leo, excellent suggestion, thank you. Simple and effective using existing fasteners etc. This forum and it's members are terrific. Because of the people on this forum I have two XS's which for the most part I can, with guidence, customize and maintain. It is so great that those of you with the knowledge are willing to help and share with those of us who need the help. Hopefully I need less help as time goes by....
Thanks all.
Yamimoto (Mark)

Cool place, huh?

Well, I like to think it's kind of a "Zen" thing. If you come here asking for help about who can best fix your 650, you won't get much. This is a self-help site for the most part. We help those who are willing to turn their own wrenches. No offense meant to the dick heads who are willing to pay someone to wax their bike, it's just not what this place is about.

Back