TX750/XS650 Common Parts?

Jim D

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I wonder which parts of an TX750 will fit an XS650, especially older ones. Tanks look similar, Seats look similar, wheels, etc. Your knowledge on this topic would be appreciated.

Rear wheel.... swing arm.... done it on Specials.... bigger brake.. drop the forks an inch... seems to improve handling... :cool:

See jim's painting thread for pics of a late model tank painted to resemble an early tank.
Front and rear wheels are bolt on, the large rear drum seen as an upgrade. The TX used a different brand of rim, thought to be better quality than those used on the XS650? yes swing arm is beefier than the XS650 bolt on if you have drum rear brake, grab the chain guard too, the mount is differnt, but not 100% on that.

Yes to all Gary said. Here's a 650 and 750 rear wheel side by side. The larger brake size is quite obvious .....

650-750 Wheels Compared.jpg

The rim brand is D.I.D. and very nice .....

D.I.D.Label.jpg

The swingarm is a nice upgrade, about the easiest swingarm swap out there. Other than the nearly 1/4" larger diameter tubes, it's pretty much identical to the 650 one .....

Swingarms.jpg

An easy way to figure out what fits what is to look up the part on Partzilla. It will have a list of other vehicles that use the same part. I just did this to find out the diode pack for a 1981 Virago was the same used throughout the bike's entire model run, 750 and 1100. It's not perfect, but very useful nonetheless.

It won't help with esoteric knowledge like "Suzuki carb throttle seals work an XS at half the price" or "EX500 carbs are the perfect size and spacing for a 650" that only people who have busted their knuckles have discovered.

Back