UK First build, loads of Questions!

raz6000

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok this is my first time at anything like this i've been interested in the xs650 bobber idea for a while now and have been fine tuning my style in my head and creating a space to work in. But after all this time waiting i've finally taken the plunge and recently bought a frame off ebay and now don't really have a clue where to go from here, the frame also doesn't have a V5 its a Texas import.

I went to my local bike workshop at the weekend and they have a rear 16" Harley wheel which could take a 130 - 150 tyre it looks great, so I was thinking of getting that and then have someone fabricate thehardtail from there.

As you can see from the picture below im based in the UK and am concerned that because the frame is not registered i'm going to have to make it pass the MSVA... Does anyone have experence of this?

Cheers!

Frame.jpg

Welcome.

A frame is a good place to start, have you got the import papers with it or is it just an unregistered frame?

Did you get a motor to put in it? If not I would go for an XS650 as it should just drop in:thumbsup:.......am not sure of the tyre size that will clear the chain before you will need to space the sprocket or worse...the motor! 130 max?

Most of the guys here have a wealth of knowledge and I am sure someone will pitch in with the answer!

Last edited:
With my weld on hardtail, I put on a 140 Metzler. Clears the chain by about 1/4 of an inch. Never hits.

Back