UnderArmor

Dam thats cold. wood stove damper open some hardwood glowing red pipe up to the damper = open the doors cause its to dam hot now
thats how i used to do the cold when I lived in snow country

And a floor mat or scrap of carpet where you stand the most.
I'm still mudding sheetrock in my under the house garages. they stay at 50 with no heat and when I open the door to the room with the wood stove they go up to 70.
Can't wait to get back to bike work....

And a floor mat or scrap of carpet where you stand the most.
I'm still mudding sheetrock in my under the house garages. they stay at 50 with no heat and when I open the door to the room with the wood stove they go up to 70.
Can't wait to get back to bike work....

Yup.

Coupla jobs ago, I was turning wrenches for an equipment rental place. They had hot water in-floor heat in the slab. It was actually warmer laying under a backhoe changing hoses than it was standing at the bench...:yikes:

If that rich uncle I ain't got ever dies and leaves me a pile of money, I'm gonna build a new shop and it WILL have in-floor heat.

Floor heat is pretty good stuff. A friend did the floor in his engine machine shop that way after he saw how mine works. Not a quick recovery system or one capable of supplying instant heat but sure is a good quality heat. And the floor is darned comfortable for feet and the rest of whatever else winds up there......... I use a woodstove for quick heat and when I'm trying to conserve scarce resources - money!................Wesley

I can handle anything above 35 without wearing long underwear or underarmor for hours...but what's the answer for an uninsulated garage and -10. Luckily we've had a very strange January in minnesota. Yesterday we hit 46 at one point.

^A man who knows how to stay warm. Three layers of wool and something to cut the wind and you're good for 20 below. And to clean it, just hang it in the breeze.

I like polyester fleece or U.S. Army polypropylene long johns. Unlike wool though it has to be washed frequently or it will stink like nothing else on Earth!

Avoid cotton content, which will just sweat log and freeze you to death. You'll start shivering and then you'd better get inside quick.

Back