Went out for a ride

azman857

'80 XS 650SG Rider
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Went out for a ride the 6th of Jan this year. There's a American Legion Post in Corona De Tucson with this F-4E. Made a right turn and went past the mine. Copper or any other mineral they can sell I guess. There's a lot of these hills of tailings around Sahuarita and there's a lot of Pecan groves here too. Cactus, Lots of Cactus in undeveloped areas. Prickly Pear and the protected Saguaros the most around keeping company with Creosote and Pale Verde and Mesquite trees. That was very fine dust I stopped on too. Nearly dumped the SG getting out!
20180106_142220.jpg
20180106_142249.jpg
20180106_142332.jpg
20180106_151054.jpg
20180106_144937.jpg
20180106_144954.jpg

Very nice Rudy! I almost hate to say how nice the weather has been down here, with all the coldour other forum members have been dealing with. Nice photos!

I mean this in the friendliest possible way, but...

BITE ME! :laugh:

Riding in January. That just ain't right.

Then again, I'll be riding in August, so I guess it all works out.

Pretty scenery. I have a brother living in Green Valley which I guess is south of Tucson a ways. I'd come down for a visit but I've sworn off flying and it's too far to drive.

Green Valley is just south of these pics. Down I-19. DE, if it any consolation, July-Sept unless it's night or early morning, it's just too dang HOT to ride. I've visited Maine, WAY too much cold and snow for me.

This road is first named Sahuarita Rd, further down its called Mission Rd due to being close to St Xavier (White Dove of the Desert) and later it "T"s to Grande Ave or Street where that old former gas station I took a pic of earlier last year. Anywayyy....
This is just a cool lookin' hill, later when it's called Mission Rd. but way past the mission is Sentinel Peak or "A" mt.because of the BIG painted "A" for the UofA. and a pic of the Tucson skyline.

Attachments

• 20180106_151059.jpg
    20180106_151059.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180106_154322.jpg
    20180106_154322.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180106_154345.jpg
    20180106_154345.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20180106_154331.jpg
    20180106_154331.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 76
Awesome pics azman! Thanks for posting them. All us frozen Northern boys boys are riding with you in spirit!

No "phantom bites" to speak of?

No "phantom bites" to speak of?

No, I knew not to get too close.....been around then before....LOL I miss them flying around since the drone program for them ended. Not one showed up during Heritage Flight Training weekend last year....plenty of them in "the yard"....Miss that J-79 howl.

I mean this in the friendliest possible way, but...

BITE ME! :laugh:

Riding in January. That just ain't right.

Then again, I'll be riding in August, so I guess it all works out.

Pretty scenery. I have a brother living in Green Valley which I guess is south of Tucson a ways. I'd come down for a visit but I've sworn off flying and it's too far to drive.

Dammit DE - you made me snort again!

Azman - beautiful pics!

Pete

LOL! gggGary. It's a aircraft tech thing. Any injury you get from working in/on the flightline beasts. I've had Phantom II, Aardvark and Viper bites.

Banging your head onto the sway brace of a hardpoint HURTS. No matter what the plane.

On each side of the main wheel well of the Aardvark was a small panel called the "kidney" panel. So named 'cause when you duck walked your way into the wheel well, that's where that sucker would poke you... right in the kidney. It hurt...

Pumping up the brake pressure was a good way to get bit. Rt side wasn't it? Yeah that was was the most common place to get 'vark bit!

Rt side wasn't it?
I was thinkin' left... can't remember. Tall guys could reach it standing on the ramp. Me... I had to stand on the speed brake to pump em'

Stand to pump? I recall sitting in a recess for a tire on the speedbrake to pump...on the 2 models of F-111 I worked on...
When I go to the air museum I can check...

Working on extraterrestrial aircraft in Nevada, now those were the days. Freaky 5 dimensional wrenches and shit.

Back