What do you do for a living ???

Mechanical designer. I've been involved in the design of construction equipment, transit buses, arial work platforms and a few others. Been doing it for 16 years. I design bikes as a hobby, and am just starting my first 650 chopper build.

Worked in the Honda motorcycle biz most of my life. Started in set up putting together and servicing new bikes did this for 3 or 4 years. Then left for awhile and laid harwood floors. Then went back worked in parts for 3 years. Left again ran a hard floor company with a buddy for about 5 years until he decided to move to Coloroda. Went back and work in sales for 3 1/2 years and started to help in financing. Took a job In Austin(lived in dallas all my life) as the recession kicked into high gear and was laid off 90 days later. So I decided to go back to school and get a degree in 8-12 grade teaching math and science. So anybody in the Austin area that needs a hard worker thursday-sunday pm a brother.

I'm a union carpenter/ millwright. I work on commercial overhaead doors, dock levelers, and fire doors. I built custom homes and commercial buildings before branching off into the work that I do now.

Recently retired :) from Castrol. Served as a Distributor Business Manager for 10 years, total time with BP - 24 years. Other previous jobs included - National Account Manager for Allen TestProducts (engine analyzers); Perkins Diesel assembly line; truck mechanic; service adviser in a car dealership, a convenience store manager, USN, and a few more!

Yea man - great industry to be in. I'd rather be 100% on the bike side, but Im also a car guy...so I love it.

I used to work for GoPro...thats a line you do well with ;)

I deal with Tucker Rockey as well. I work at Baker drivetrain making aftermarket harley transmissions and such. I order from TR all the time, when i need parts for my builds. Since we are a supplier, for TR, We get Dealer pricing on things. Very nice company.

12 years Marine Corps. infantry. Now I live in Delaware and my wife and I own a yarn shop...yes a yarn shop. I also charter bay fishing on my boat.

It can't be regular yarn though. It's kevlar yarn sold by the ton to Halliburton or something, right?

:)

No it's knitting and crochet shit. I like it. Nice and quiet.

Pyroman, I was in a helo unit, C 1/5 in Pendleton. CH-46, CH-53. Last time I was on an Osprey it was in Oct '99. In April '00 I lost 22 of my friends from 3/5 on one. Just blew up in the air.

littlebill31, first let Me thank You for Your service! Semper Fi! I must however disagree with Your statement. No V-22 has EVER "just blown up in the air". The Incident in question was very tragic and sad,My condolences to You on the loss of Your Friends. I have Friends who also lost Friends in that crash. The Flight Crew exceeded the Descent Envelope Parameters and encountered Vortex Ring State, enhanced by operation in close proximity with other V-22 aircraft. The deaths were the result of direct ,uncontrolled flight into the ground.

Last edited:
I believe it. Anyone can go to college, but not everyone has the talent to fly. Notice I was only in for 12 years. I get the question, "why didn't you stay in?" Why? Cuz some boot Lt. was flying to high at night and when I fast-roped, in full gear, I ran out of rope. Felt the knot slide through my hands and then snap. Everything from my knees down...smashed.

Hope you're ok now. My Dad and a high percentage of my pals throughout my life were Marines.

Back