What is it???

madmax-im

Yamaha...Go your own way...
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My1stScooterride.jpg

Yep...2006 Honda Silverwing..600cc..500#...A maxi scooter..not mine..but took a friend's for a short ride...No clutch or gears to shift..Juts twist the throttle and go...And it has good power...and acceleration is linear...FUN!
IMG_20220212_131600.jpg

Last edited:
Yep...2006 Honda Silverwing..600cc..500#...A maxi scooter..not mine..but took a friend's for a short ride...No clutch or gears to shift..Juts twist the throttle and go...And it has good power...and acceleration is linear...FUN!View attachment 207395
Those things have a trunk to haul groceries!

Do they make standard tranny with a hand clutch scooters?

The Soozooky Burgmans are considered the best of class but watch for early model drive failure issues.
600 executives have lots of creature comforts, many say the 400 is all you you need even on the highway.
A bud MADE me ride his wife's 600 burg, really is quite impressive. He couldn't shake her while riding his 1800 wing!
The 700 DCT hondas might be the best of both worlds, more of a "motorcycle". I took a CTX out for a test last fall, was not entirely sold on the shifting experience, 1100 Rebels are pretty cool but are designed for smaller body types, I was cramped on a test sit. Honda DN01 are cool and possibly collectable. Testers say they fit tall folks well. Made a few offers but have never struck a deal.

It's not a maxi scooter, but my first thought to this was Lambretta because a buddy owns one. Crazy shit when you're used to motorcycle foot shift.
There are some scooters that have a foot shift..but still no clutch...not sure which models those are...

Last edited:
The Soozooky Burgmans are considered the best of class but watch for early model drive failure issues.
600 executives have lots of creature comforts, many say the 400 is all you you need even on the highway.
A bud MADE me ride his wife's 600 burg, really is quite impressive. He couldn't shake her while riding his 1800 wing!
The 700 DCT hondas might be the best of both worlds, more of a "motorcycle". I took a CTX out for a test last fall, was not entirely sold on the shifting experience, 1100 Rebels are pretty cool but are designed for smaller body types, I was cramped on a test sit. Honda DN01 are cool and possibly collectable. Testers say they fit tall folks well. Made a few offers but have never struck a deal.
Burgman Executives...are nice bikes..the top of the maxi Scooter lineup...Honda silverwings are also top of the line..although the Silverwing stopped production in 2013..These are nice machines...A Burgman 400 would be more than enough for my needs..There are a few in the area forsale...I am still new to this segment so much learning and researching to do before i buy anything..But I do like not having a clutch lever to pull...

Did the little wheels make it feel hard to balance?
Actually its quite nimble...The front tire on the Silverwing is 14" and the rear is 13"..And on the bike pictured above the owner installed a 13" car tire...I couldnt tell any difference...

I’ve also read that the maxi scooters have an appetite for this little back tires. :laugh2:

Lately I can’t get this bike out of my head, a Honda NC750X, they are available with or without the automatic transmission ( which kinda intrigues me ) , the auto would be great for someone with arthritis in their hands.
The earlier versions , the 700cc models, are beginning to show up on Craigslist for pretty reasonable prices.
I also like the bonus storage “ frunk”

561D3920-7A07-4241-8A08-7961D8130879.jpeg
529F35EF-CC5E-48BB-8132-E33633DBD2AD.jpeg

Those would be cool shiftless...or at least clutchless..but prolly out of my price range/budget...I am finding scooter ergos more comfortable and more forgiving than motorcycle ergos...Its mainly the seats..Scooter seats are much more comfortable for me...This opens up so many possibilities...just when I thought I was done riding....

I was actually looking for a vid of a scooter (riders view) that seemed to have a full race TZ250 motor. The vid has a couple of full on sport bikes passing the lowly scooter until the scooter rider twists the wick. Audio is pretty awesome... Forgive me for assaulting your sensibilities...:rolleyes:

I was actually looking for a vid of a scooter (riders view) that seemed to have a full race TZ250 motor. The vid has a couple of full on sport bikes passing the lowly scooter until the scooter rider twists the wick. Audio is pretty awesome...
I'm sorry. My why was why would someone want to destroy a tire like that.

Back