What is needed to fit this back wheel?

Ghetto

Bob it!
Reaction score
Looking at this 18x5.5 for the rear. What would be needed to run this wheel?

Offset sprocket?

18_sixtyspoke_rear.jpg

I know Mule has used a few harley hubs on some of his projects. From what I remember it would require an custom offset sprocket, whatever you want to do for brakes, and the proper spacers to center the wheel.

I just looked at the link and realized those aren't exactly stock harley hubs so you might not even need to space anything on the rear sprocket but you'll need to do quite a bit with spacing on the front sprocket, or use a jackshaft. Anyway you go about it it's going to require work and custom parts.

Not worried about the work or parts. There are people that have the kits to space the sprocket but they are like 400 bucks!

I have that exact wheel sitting in my living room. It seems to be causing more frustration than anything so far, shits expensive. Gary Poh makes an offset kit, just like you said 400 BUCKS. I emailed him about a rear sprocket too and what I needed but never heard back from him. If you end up finding a rear sprocket or a complete list of what you need, post that shit up!

Sprocket only was like 150 alone I think. I want these for my personal bike so bad. Won't be the only bike I am building so I can ride shop bikes until I figure mine out. Someone has to have this same size wheel on an XS somewhere.

I have seen them and theres a guy on here who runs a 200 rear, he had air ride on it, then chopped it up??

I bet he could tell us everything we need

where did u find the sprocket?

I put a 200 rear on my first build. I ran gary poh's offset kit. for the rear wheel I machined an adapter to bolt onto the harly hub with bolt holes for the xs sprocket. Gary does sell the rear sprocket for $125 last time I talked to him. It is 34T sprocket with harley bolt hole pattern. I'll attach an old pic

Attachments

• 2-28-10068[1].jpg
    2-28-10068[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 137
I put a 200 rear on my first build. I ran gary poh's offset kit. for the rear wheel I machined an adapter to bolt onto the harly hub with bolt holes for the xs sprocket. Gary does sell the rear sprocket for $125 last time I talked to him. It is 34T sprocket with harley bolt hole pattern. I'll attach an old pic

who did your hardtail? and what are the specs on it?

oh and of course...very nice looking bike!

I have seen them and theres a guy on here who runs a 200 rear, he had air ride on it, then chopped it up??

I bet he could tell us everything we need

where did u find the sprocket?

Same thing as these other guys, I got mine from Gary Poh, including the rear sprocket. I did have him custom make the offset front because I'm running a 240 tire.

It did cost a fair bit, but the quality is great and sometimes you just have to spend the money to get it done right.

Same thing as these other guys, I got mine from Gary Poh, including the rear sprocket. I did have him custom make the offset front because I'm running a 240 tire.

It did cost a fair bit, but the quality is great and sometimes you just have to spend the money to get it done right.

Totally agree!

Take a look at THIS for a possible solution to the sprocket issue.

KS34TRS.jpg

Bolts to a Harley wheel, its 34 tooth, 530 chain, and its 7075 alum. so you can make it purdy... and only $66. Not too shaby if ya ask me.

I'm looking at using it when doing my build this winter.

Hope it helps.
~Brother

Back