What's with Ardcore Choppers?

If I was to go hardtail, I would go with one of Travis' kit's. Finely engineered, good quality pipe, and the cost is very reasonable.

I'm pretty dead in the water on my build till this gets in, tried calling today, got answering machines. Two weeks ago I got a answer and was told that y tail was going to be right up and to expect a call next week(last week).

Like many have expressed in this thread I understand this wasn't a stocked item, and I'm trying to wait as patiently as possible, but its rough getting told two deadlines and not having the met.

First off thanks for the information encased in this thread. Anyone have a update on what the backlog is out to now? I would like a more realistic estimate on how long i'll be waiting.

Actually I just got my call for getting my hardtail.

Ordered April 4th, call recieved for shipping june 12th.

<EDIT> No need to bump this, But it arrived june 16th. If your stuck waiting, hang in there, product is beautiful.

Last edited:
I noticed that my emails and phone calls went largely unanswered until I got rather vocal and threatened to file a complaint with Paypal. I finally got my hard tail. The seat I ordered from them I never got. I finally did contact Paypal, they said there was nothing they could do since the amount of time that had transpired was too great. I continued to send angry emails and finally got a refund on the seat. The quality of my hard tail looks great but I unfortunately can't recommend the company based on my experience.

Yeah i filed a claim with paypal. I have to wait 11 days then they will reverse the funds. This really couldve been avoided if there was some kind of customer service. Unfortunately they have lost another customer. I feel bad but I dont like shelling out nearly $400 and cant even receive an email about the status of my order. Hopefully they can get it turned around

Hopefully, you will get your money back. I tried to save people some trouble by starting a thread with reviews on the 20 or so companies I have used to build my bike thus far. I think I only received one comment and it was something about a reference to whether or not I was being compensated for my reviews, a joke I'm sure but I hope someone got some useful info out of it.

Well you can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink. I should've researched Ardcore choppers before I ordered. I will be ordering from Voodoo Vintage if everythimg gets resolved and i get a refund.

I think you missed the point...if you had taken the time to read the thread, people are upset that the quoted time frames are not being met, and that the customer service is not there.

If I get quoted $xxx.xx and a delivery time of 4 weeks, then I am fine with it providing the price stays the same and the delivery time is met. If the delivery then takes 15 or 20 weeks instead of the quoted time period of 4 weeks, that's a major problem. Not one with the customer, with the builder.

No matter what the business is, be a man & be true to your word...tell them, "we make a great product and can take your order, but it will be 12/15/20 (whatever) weeks for the product to be delivered". Let the consumer then decide if the wait time is worth it for the apparent quality of Ardcore, or whether they decide that time is of the essence and want to go with another direction.

I find most consumers dont have the patience, they want it now or yesterday, if that is the case there are lots of options for DIY kits which i suggest is the BEST option for the need it yesterday or today mind set. this my third frame , 2- xs's and one Roadstar in the production skew. Yes it takes awhile,but i order two builds ahead.

Back