when is low TOO low?

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
bought my roller off a guy on craigslist that had it from a guy that owed him money and had no idea what the guy was planning for it. it looks cool as fuck but i noticed brackets for it around the rear wheel that i later figured out were going to be wheelie bars so he had plans for a drag bike. its LOW...like 2 1/2 to 3 inches frame height from the ground. is that too much? because if so im gonna have to do some cutting and welding.

Attachments

• Beast-New front end.jpg
    Beast-New front end.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 271
Looks like it is being held up by a 2x4? so that makes it 1.5 inches off the ground. Include fork droop with engine and rider and you got a sled for real lol

well, the fork bearings arent tightened up so its kicked out a little more than it will be. its on a 2x4 but its leaned over a little. its about 3in. when tightened. im gonna have to cut it huh?

I can see it leaning on the 2x4... the lower rail on the far side is up, but not much. I would say you are going to have to cut it or change something. That is pretty low for a roller with no weight on it

Better hope GA roads are really smooth if it is 3 in ground clearance as only a roller, and have fun with driveways/speed bumps/etc...once you add engine and rider and you are going to be pretty low. When we were planning out mine we shot for right around 4 without rider which I'll still scrape on speed bumps and such but should be enough clearance for most road conditions. (Using my boy's Sportser 1200N as reference since it has 3.9" of ground clearance and he is around 200 LBS like me)

actually, with the top roller bearing that i need its gonna sit about 4" without the motor so im hoping low but o.k. Ga. roads arent too bad and i live in a snobby part of the north metro so they stay on top of it. atlanta roads suck but thats every major city.

Just a guess but I'd say the trail is between 12 and 15" just by looking at the pictures. :shrug: I wanna ride it once just to see what it's like.

I dunno, but mine is on the borderline of too low. My pipes drag just a hair whenever pulling out of my parking area b/c of the drop off and I have to turn right... Mine is raked out for +4" forks, but I have stock length in. I love the look of it though so; idc lol.

I'm 3-1/2" off the ground, engine in and me on the bike. I can't run a kickstand or a cool low exhaust... My pegs are mounted crazy high. It's going to corner slowly and not be a canyon runner...

Back