where are the lines

kenco

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, im building my first xs street tracker. I have a Omars tank and standard carbs on my 77 d . The bike didnt have any fuel lines. I have also put on two pod filters. Does anyone know what the layout of the fuel lines. The tank has two fuel taps, is it a line to each carb or is it a single line that tees off to each carb. Do I need to put a breather line into the carb or can it be blnked off. Does any one know the best diameter fuel line ?

Thanks, Ken

3/16 inch hose for the dual petcock setup. The single petcock uses 1/4 inch. run the hose from the petcock to an inline filter, to the fuel inlet of each carb. The inlets are between the carbs.

A photo always helps but I guess you are talking about the overflow pipes. Nothing should come out of these if your float heights are set correctly but if anything does these pipes direct the fuel away from the hot engine & onto the ground

Or could you mean the short hose between the carbs just below the fuel inlets? That is a crossover. With the hump down the middle of most tanks, sometimes one side will run out of fuel before the other. The crossover will allow one petcock to feed both carbs if need be.

Mike sells 2 fuel lines, one slightly smaller than the other. The smaller stuff was used for that crossover, the larger for the fuel lines from the tank.

Back