Which Hardtail is Better? G&L or TC Bros?

projectxs650

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Title kind of says it all.

I'm planning on getting a hardtail with at least a 4'' stretch. I'm looking at both of these companies and see just a slight difference. I would imagine they are both either the same or have little variations.

I'd imagine some ppl on here would be able to tell me if there was a preference between the 2? of if their was history of one being better than the other?

Thanks

I'm sure quality wise, they are both equal... from what I've seen, I personally like the looks of the g&l better. I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, do some searching, look on both off their websites, they have pictures of completed bikes with their hardtails... What looks best to you?

Ardcore makes a nice hard tail too, but its not a DYI... you have to send them your frame.

I would just fabricate it myself. If your un able to do so then maybe have someone else do it. I just like a "one off" hardtail. The ones available now adays look pretty cool but somewhat generic. To each his own I guess. T.c. bros makes some really nice stuff. I havent seen the other ones up close.

Last edited:
I use them all its just what you like or style you want. I make my own drop seat ones because i want it to look long and low. But i buy more TC BROTHERS ass ends because they ship fast combine shipping cost and kit fits about 90% of the frames. It is a easy kit to install if you can weld. If you are taking it to someone to weld make sure they do this because you can screw up easy if you cut wrong. Also check some are longer than others. Some come with axle adjusters some don't. If G&L is close to you and time is important use them they make very good stuff and have good people to ask questions.

Yeah 4" of stretch eliminates what TC Bros advertises as there is a one size 3" stretch 5" of ground clearance...not sure if you can call them for another size or not but always worth a shot.

Both are going to be good quality from what I've seen/been told so it really becomes personal preference, wait time, shipping cost.... Though after talking to my friend about doing mine we decided on the David Bird weld on and I like that he will do his a couple of styles with a few options for stretch (0,2,4,6) and drop (0,1,2,3,4)

The big plus with going with the TC Bros. hardtail is NO lead time. From time of order to when it was delivered was three days. They are also very helpful with any questions you might have. Not to mention the kickass beer huggie you get for 'free'...

Ya I'm in the same boat, I don't like the sharp angle. I like a more flat less slope looking hardtail, I ain't an ape either!

Back