Which speed rating for front/rear tyres xs2

nairb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been looking for new tires/tyres for an 1971/72 xs2. I did look at some metzelers But the question is what speed rating is best for an old 650 twin.
A ME 11 3.60 -19 52S on the front and...
a ME 77 4.00-18 64 S on the rear

The S rate is for a max speed of 112 (mph)
with 52 being for a max load for about 200 kg

Is this too low for an XS650?. I guess the speed is ok. I doubt I will sit there at 112 mph for long.

ta
Nairb

I'd say those are fine. You're not going to get an old XS to go much faster than that unless you throw it off a cliff, a very high cliff, lol. Take the old girl out to Dover. They wrote a song about that, didn't they? Not the XS, the white cliffs I mean, lol.

i'd say those are fine. You're not going to get an old xs to go much faster than that unless you throw it off a cliff, a very high cliff, lol. Take the old girl out to dover. They wrote a song about that, didn't they? Not the xs, the white cliffs i mean, lol.

lmao!! Yaaaaaaaaaa

I'd say those are fine. You're not going to get an old XS to go much faster than that unless you throw it off a cliff, a very high cliff, lol. Take the old girl out to Dover. They wrote a song about that, didn't they? Not the XS, the white cliffs I mean, lol.
Thats Cruel. There are no very high clifts around here.

There'll be an xs2 over
The white cliffs of Dover,
Tomorrow, just you wait and see............

Will a small green hill do...

that's 112mph for 1 hour you should be good, you'll have to get the math guys to figure out how high a cliff you'll need

Back