Wider Swing Arm

Yes, if you run a hydrylic clutch there is no need for the spacer you will need to run the clutch accuator on the outside of the side cover

You can get away with just the Sprocket .750 if your running a 180/200

thanks

Gary

www.xs650widetire.webs.com

FYI, for a 180/200 set up you need a .750 offset sprocket and the cover spacer (if you are running the stock clutch accuator)

if your running a 150 tire you only need about .250 offset (and no need for the spacer)

BTW... the 180/200 kit is $400.00 ($500 if you want a rear harley style 34 tooth sprocket included)

Thanks

Gary

On the "Stress on the Drive Shaft issue.......at .750 offset "NO"

I have a personal bike that has had the sprocket on for over 5 years and pushing 20k miles with no issues whatsoever...

In addition, I have sold over 100 .750 sprockets and not even heard of any issues

"With that said"......

If you are going past .750 and wanting to run a 240 or bigger.....then I would think hard about running a Jack Shaft set up I have build a few offsets for the 240 tire and they are doing just fine....BUT..... the offset is 2 5/8 inches and that seems like it could cause problems if you are running the bike hard...

For the 240 tire I like the jackshaft Set Up like ARDCORE offers (but I will sell you a offset sprocket if you really want it, I just wont guaretee it...)

As far as loss in Horse Power......Yea you loose some (but if you have the gearing set up right its not really to big of deal)

I hope that helps

Thanks

Gary

hey all, so how come in this picture the bike got longer chain ( and i guess the offset is under the cover)
photo

but with the picture on page 1 the offset is in the mid? how come he got 2 chains connected in mid? why not get 1 longer? just wondering whats up with tat

hey all, so how come in this picture the bike got longer chain ( and i guess the offset is under the cover)
photo

but with the picture on page 1 the offset is in the mid? how come he got 2 chains connected in mid? why not get 1 longer? just wondering whats up with tat

Did you read the thread or just look at pics? One is an offset sprocket. The other is a jackshaft.

Posted via Mobile

Did you read the thread or just look at pics? One is an offset sprocket. The other is a jackshaft.

Posted via Mobile

oh wow! silly me. tottaly missd it. just wondering now, which one is better to do? any pro cons type deal? tnx

Yes, with a jackshaft setup, you don't need to do any modifications to your side cover.
Here's a pic of a XS650 chopper with a 250 rear tire and a jackshaft setup.

2700043761_a3533693c5_o.jpg

2700860278_258eb46c0c_o.jpg

is it just me or does it look like that jackshaft is sitting on top of a WOODEN box? doesn't look too reliable...

Back