Will it work GM rectifier

scabber

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Doing a charging system tune up. Solid state regulator and rectifier. Instead of The radio shack rectifier. I have one out of gm alternator. It has a built in heat sink.

No reason why it shouldn't work. A rectifier just converts the three phase AC voltage of the alternator to DC that the bike can use.
I thought of doing that but couldn't found any as cheap as the Radio Shack parts.
Leo

Yes they are. New job, Just got the Shoei Hard bags on the 75. Been playing with lights to go in the holes in the bags. Picked up a cheap set from Wall World. With a bit of modding they work ok. I did some shopping and found some LED marker lights on www.superbrightleds.com that might work better. They are 2.75 inch marker lights.They come with a pvc flange to mount them but from the pics you can remove the pvc flange and put the lights in a rubber grommet that might just fit the holes in the bags.
I have an adapter of the 80 Honda that hooked into the tail light and turnsa to use the turns as running, turns and brakes. I don't know if it will work with leds but I will test it out.
Once I get the install finalized I'll post up pics.
Leo

That is good news the new job. Sounds like the 75 is doing good. Looking foreword to see the pictures when you get it done. I was thinking about doing the LED tail light bulbs.

Back