wiring loom fitting

Andy1

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1977 XS650 uk model (i think) trying to fit the wiring loom is it possible someone can post a few pictures. I am especially interested in the area round the battery box with the rectifier bolted underneath. Any pictures must be better than the Haynes.

Ps also want final drive chain guide (one that fits on gear change shaft) A final drive lock washer, save me making one.

Cheers

Hi Andy
no pictures as of yet but if you click HERE, there are some wiring diagrams & some cable routing diagrams, this should help.
As far as the "final drive lock washer" these are available at XS650 shop in Germany and at Heiden Tuning in Holland. Both have most the XS650 parts you will ever need.
Haven't found a final drive chain guide yet tho
Kev :thumbsup:

Ref: "final drive chain guide" part number is 447-17467-02-00 & would appear to be unavailable, unless anyone else knows better?

The drive chain guide might come up on abay as NOS but highly unlikely. Used is more likely. Thats where I start looking and ask around on the forums if I need a part. When people use the 18 tooth front sprocket they have to remove the gaurd so the sprocket fits. They might be willing to part with one.

That part number was used, according to what I have seen , on models 1974-83 so it should be possible to find at least a used one.

I found a rusty one in a bag of bits, so i will make new copying it. It is a real pain dealing with about 5 different years of bike, certainly made wiring interesting.

Back