xs 850 have firing order?

cafedud

XS650 Member
Reaction score
looking all over for a good picture or diagram that shows the order of the coils in relation to the 6 pin unit that seems to control them.

Did engine swap and didn't do a good job of remembering.

I read that a 650 has no order so wondering if its the same for the 850?

1689723923971.jpeg

Jpdevol has provided a diagram but the colours are slightly different to the ones I have in my dealer manual.
Ignoring the red white which runs to all coils: No 1 Orange, No 2 Yellow, No 3 Gray.
Attached is a photo of the rear of the TCI plug that shows the pin out at that end.
20230719_165910.jpg

Top row Left to Right :Black, Orange, Grey
Bottom Row L to R: Light Blue, Red/White, Yellow.

Jpdevol has provided a diagram but the colours are slightly different to the ones I have in my dealer manual.
Ignoring the red white which runs to all coils: No 1 Orange, No 2 Yellow, No 3 Gray.
Attached is a photo of the rear of the TCI plug that shows the pin out at that end.
View attachment 247328
Top row Left to Right :Black, Orange, Grey
Bottom Row L to R: Light Blue, Red/White, Yellow.
Ignoring the red with white stripe wire going to each coil. What's the second color going to #1,2,3?
They will be that top row. Grey, orange, or black . I amoving the coils around trying to guess the order.

OK I will make it clearer
Number 1 coil Wires are Red/White and Orange.
Number 2 coil Wires are Red/White and Yellow.
Number 3 coil Wires are Red /White and Grey

OK I will make it clearer
Number 1 coil Wires are Red/White and Orange.
Number 2 coil Wires are Red/White and Yellow.
Number 3 coil Wires are Red /White and Grey

Added to diagram.

Question. On the diagram i have there it has a L wire from the Igniter unit to the neutral switch. ...........Should be Sb as coloured??

Back