Sold / Found / Inactive - XS2 PEARL YELLOW GOLD

jpdevol

Hacker of Frames,Wires and other things
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm beginning the search for the next "lusted after" on my list: a survivor, non-US XS2 in the orange/black color scheme called 'Pearl Yellow Gold", or was originally that color. Bike will be "restored" to original, rideable condition and not modified.
XS2 PEARL YELLOW GOLD.jpg

Priced fairly given current condition, with particular attention to exhaust system and aluminum bits (cooling fins and such), good chain-of-title to current owner and ability to import.

Will also consider Red and White US models in survivor condition.

Timeframe immediate to end of year.

I’ll be interested to see if you can land one. I also like that color scheme, pretty rare here in the states. So you’re not interested in painting a red and white model to look like that?

On a side note: do you see on your photo, the way the seat has a hole on it , on the lower side edge to accommodate the strap? On my XS2, it came with no strap at all, and not even anywhere on the seat pan to attach a strap. I’ve always found these little inconsistencies kinda intriguing. 🤔

Good luck with your search! 🙂

I’ll be interested to see if you can land one. I also like that color scheme, pretty rare here in the states. So you’re not interested in painting a red and white model to look like that?

On a side note: do you see on your photo, the way the seat has a hole on it , on the lower side edge to accommodate the strap? On my XS2, it came with no strap at all, and not even anywhere on the seat pan to attach a strap. I’ve always found these little inconsistencies kinda intriguing. 🤔

Good luck with your search! 🙂
in Scandinavia a seat strap was required at least as far back as 1970 (maybe longer), if that was the case in rest of europe too i don't know - but it's likely. Maybe bikes sold in Europe all had the seat strap?!

in Scandinavia a seat strap was required at least as far back as 1970 (maybe longer), if that was the case in rest of europe too i don't know - but it's likely. Maybe bikes sold in Europe all had the seat strap?!
I picked up a seat with the rather weird strap arrangement off eBay.
The pan is pretty rotten in places but I will repair it when I have the spare time.
No idea what market it was built for.

Attachments

• 20220908_191624.jpg
    20220908_191624.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220908_191643.jpg
    20220908_191643.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220908_191653.jpg
    20220908_191653.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 62
I'm just wondering what that would look like on my XS1B ?
With the XS1B white striping
Yamaha certainly had some strange ways back in the '70's.
Yamaha's official name for the XS1B paint colour is Yamaha Candy Orange.
Yet to most people it's more gold than orange.
And I'm not too keen on gold.
Orange is a much more vibrant colour to me.
Then there's Yamaha Pearl Yellow Gold.
Maybe I'm colourblind, but it looks orange to me, not yellow or gold

I'm beginning the search for the next "lusted after" on my list: a survivor, non-US XS2 in the orange/black color scheme called 'Pearl Yellow Gold", or was originally that color. Bike will be "restored" to original, rideable condition and not modified.
View attachment 224580

Priced fairly given current condition, with particular attention to exhaust system and aluminum bits (cooling fins and such), good chain-of-title to current owner and ability to import.

Will also consider Red and White US models in survivor condition.

Timeframe immediate to end of year.
Same colour as mine.

Back