XS650 Fork Lowering! DONE

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Not trying to write this all out twice, but I know several of you guys have wanted me to start making spacers and do a write-up, so enjoy! I'll put these up in the Market as well :thumbsup:

How-To Thread on the Cult
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

Pics of the spacers :D
100_5624.jpg

And some nice shiny lowered forks for your viewing pleasure :bike:
100_5622.jpg

As a finishing touch, you might try S.S. Allen replacements for the drain screws, the size is M4 x 8mm long and they look really trick.

As a finishing touch, you might try S.S. Allen replacements for the drain screws, the size is M4 x 8mm long and they look really trick.

Yep, I usually do that and a copper washer, but the place I get them from was out of stock... Nice tip though :)

Would be nice if it were posted here. I like to keep the tech section to tech articles "in-house".... so they don't magically disappear and I have to chase down the new link again.

Would be nice if it were posted here. I like to keep the tech section to tech articles "in-house".... so they don't magically disappear and I have to chase down the new link again.

If I get some time, I'll copy and paste the whole thing over for us :thumbsup:

Do the dust covers ever hit against the lower clamp?

No, you are still limited to the exact amount of up-travel from the factory. So if the factory forks bottomed out 4-5" from the tree, the lowered forks are still gonna bottom out at 4-5" from the tree. You are simply limiting the amount of stroke..

does it bottom out into the lower tree? top out i guess?...

It rides just like a stock system, no bottoming out or topping out that wouldn't happen under normal riding conditions. Limited travel, but still the same dampening and rebound. If you leave a little more spring (ie 2" drop, only remove 1.5" of spring/spacer) then you can stiffen up the front end as well. I have MANY abusive miles on my bike and the ride is great.... (for a rigid, jockey shifted, wheelie pullin, scary machine of course) :thumbsup:

Back