XS650 Won't Rev

Glad we could help.

Loose/shot head bearings? Swingarm bushings? The two leading causes for fork shake... beyond the obvious tires/pressures that is.

Glad we could help.

Loose/shot head bearings? Swingarm bushings? The two leading causes for fork shake... beyond the obvious tires/pressures that is.
Yep thats my thoughts too! i gotta pull the back wheel to replace the cracked tyre so i might as well pull the swingarm while i have it that far apart and check the bearings. Most likely do the headstem at the same time, not that i really feel like doing any of this after all the carb trouble 😂

You check for swingarm bushing wear with the arm still installed .....

PlayCheck.jpg

Glad we could help.

Bearings all feel fine, no slop, no weird movement and no grinding...However the fact the front caliper was dragging badly to the point the wheel wouldn't spin without force probably has something to do with it 😂

Luckily, these carbs use very common and readily available Mikuni jet types. The mains and pilots .....

View attachment 259700

View attachment 259701

And for the air jet, a different type of main is used but in this case, it flows air instead of fuel .....

View attachment 259705

So, as I mentioned, the U.S. spec carbs are very lean. I wouldn't even bother getting the stock main or air jet. Instead I'd get one size larger main (135) and 2 sizes of air jets (130 & 132.5). If you plan on more mods like pod filters then you're going to need one size larger pilots (#45) and another size larger on the mains (137.5).
Well it still isn't right. Put 137.5 mains, #45 pilot and 130 air jets in it with the mixture screw left at 3.5 turns out. It road pretty decent, could do 100kph on it but didn't really feel as powerful as a 650 should be. Pulled the plugs and they were black so i screwed the mixture screws back in to 2.5 and it wasn't ridable, screwed it back out to 3.5 and fitted 132.5 air jets and again wasn't ridable.
Bloody sick of this bike at this point, its the worst purchase ive made 🫤

Back