Yamaha Newbie!

Lluber

Noob
Reaction score
Yo, Just got my 1st Yamaha its a 83 XS650 im upgrading from a 73 CB350. Im very new at all this and my mechanical skills leave a lot of room to learn! hoping to learn a lot and get my XS looking good. time for new bars and a new seat! :bike:

get out the fuck out of here newb! just joking. welcome to mecca! Can we see pics of the cb and the xs?

I plan on changing the seat and Bars on the XS, as well as getting rid of the grab bar. But 1st I need to figure out If im going Cafe or Flat tracker and suggestions? or reccommendations for parts sites? Ive been checking out mikesxs and have used bike bandit before. I've also been eyeing up the Nitroheads and Bratsyle seats and fenders but would rather not spend $400 for a seat. I feel like I could get one custom made around here for cheaper then that.

Attachments

• 2012-03-26 18.09.48.jpg
    2012-03-26 18.09.48.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 2012-03-26 18.11.29.jpg
    2012-03-26 18.11.29.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 130
Welcome to the forum. You know, I would strip,chop a rusted out or allready stripped one, even a decent 79` but that looks too nice to cut into.
One day soon enough of them will have been parted or chopped that the clean stock examples will be pretty rare. I should say thanks but Let me turn away while you dig into it.
Good luck with your build, and by the way ...The mufflers on the CB, Do you know the brand? I`m looking for one. Thanks.

No Idea, I know they aren't stock, and my pops pulled the baffles out way back in the day. The bike sounds nasty for a 350 I always set off car alarms when shes moving.

I have a LaRosa seat I got off ebay and I love the dam thing its about $140 and the LaRosa poeple are great. and the seat is top stuff imho. But there are alot of seats there on ebay to chose from GL with your build

Your seat is similar to what Im looking for. I can only seem to find the Pan style seats for the LaRosa seats on ebay and on their site..

Back