Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg
IMG_1731.jpg
Has anyone had problems with yamahaxs650 with crap for parts? I ordered a front and rear set of blinkers for my 72 I am working on. The wires were way too short and the stems are way to long. The only reply received was the stems screw in. The stems do not screw in. The blinkers are very cheap. No rubber washer.
I also had a bad throttle cable. I am still waiting on this one. Both cables looked used.
Also the seat needed grinding the latch bracket down. No big problem but if I did not have a grinder it would have been.
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg

I think I saw one post here from Yamaha650.com (cycletrader I think his "handle" is) signed "Mike Lalonde". Maybe this is the old original Mike selling off his stash of parts that the new MikesXS doesn't want to buy from him (because they found cheaper alternatives). Much of what they sell is the same as what MikesXS has except they seem to have older stock on some items, like the old, good Commando mufflers. I also took a chance and bought some of their fuel line and it appears to be the good stuff (thin wall) just like MikesXS used to sell years back.

They are sending me a replacement throttle cable and Mike said he was going to give me my money back on the seat. I will let you guys know when that happens. Thanks Mike.
Nothing on the blinkers. I did use the lens on the front.

Last edited:
Back