Harley riders/forums

Harley's are trash, period.

Imagine what you could do if you had 20k to drop into ANY bike format.

well, you MIGHT end up with something that looks like a Harley.
:laugh:
And FWIW, there are lots of Harleys - LOTS of them, that are not anywhere close to 20K in price.

"Harley's are trash, period" <<<I think that is an over-generalization.

There was a time in Harley's past when they were inferior. This was during the AMF period. Harley's of the 30's, 40's, 50's and the Harley's of today are not, in any way, trash. The attitude of many Harley riders and dealers is where the trash is. I do give Harley credit in identifying and adressing the dealer problem. The new Harley stores are clean, well lighted, open and inviting. You would not hesitate to take you children, S.O. or mother into one.

I really like a lot of the older HDs and have friends who ride them. I just don't prefer them, personal preference I guess. I have a 59 bonnie and my 75 xs. I wouldn't trade em for a HD. As far as the owners not liking what we ride cause they're JAP bikes, well as I understand it the only thing really American about HD is the fact it's built in Milwaukee most parts are not American made, just bolted on by Americans, just like us.

This is my Trump I don't think I've posted it. My brother has it right now, damn family.:laugh:

triumph.jpg

52209031.jpg

Wow. 6 pages of slamming Harleys, and Harley riders. Methinks Thou dost protest too much. I also think that the biggest complaints about Harley comes from Guys who have never ridden a Harley any further than around the block, mabey. I have ridden Harleys for years, and also own 20-25 Hondas andd Yams and Kaws. I wave at all bikes I see on the road. I would stop to help any bike I see stranded, I dont give a shit if it is a Hodaka, a Harley ,or a Honda. I know some Douche-bags that ride Harleys. I also know some Douche bags on this thread, that are just as bad as the riders they are railing about......

Everybody ought to stop calling names and generalizing. If you do it on the web, the only reason you don't do it in real life is because you don't want your ass kicked. Get some character.

Everybody ought to stop calling names and generalizing. If you do it on the web, the only reason you don't do it in real life is because you don't want your ass kicked. Get some character.

Hear! Hear!

:)

I have been sitting back and reading all the name calling and generalization for days on this thread. It seems that it is Ok to slam anybody that rides a Harley. Period. That is also slamming Fellow XS'ers. I wouldnt come on here and hate on Catholics, or Baptists. there are a number of Us on here that ride Harleys, and ther is no reason to use 6 pages of hate on Our fellow Riders. So, I should not have called anybody a douch-bag, but its ok for Me to be slammed repeatedly for riding a Harley. I GAURANTEE I wont say anything on the net, that I wouldnt say to a Mans face. Not My style. I would rather fight than f**k......:wink2:

Man, I hope I didn't spur the last couple of posts. I have nothing against Harleys. I just don't perfer them. I have nothing against anyone who rides a motorcycle. Maybe somebody can fix this video link.

Man, I hope I didn't spur the last couple of posts. ...Maybe somebody can fix this video link.

I doubt it. We're goofin around. My sincere sense is that everybody I've noticed in this thread is a fine person.

Here's your video

Emz, def. an overexagerated post. Perhaps as overexargerated as some RUB comments:, and only because I can relate first hand with many experiances shared in the thread. Also because I'm an ethug.

Damnit, I need to remember what my signiture says...

Posted via Mobile

I doubt it. We're goofin around. My sincere sense is that everybody I've noticed in this thread is a fine person

LOL right on, I thought so but. . . I actually rode my friends Harley I recently painted and, well, I think I liked it. I hope I'm not pregnant.

Thanks for fixing my video.

Funny enough I rode a sporty the other day. Besides the buck horns, it was a very pleasant ride. I haven't ridden one since I sold mine years back.

Posted via Mobile

Today I passed a Harley on the side of the road and didn't stop to offer assistance. But ordinarily I would have, but I'd just discovered that my petcock was pouring gas and I was preoccupied with getting back before I turned into a fireball....

I want an iron head sporty. I have no problems with the bike, just the pissy owners. Well, for any pissy moaner owner.
An Ironhead is okay if you leave it an ironhead . All it will ever be is an ironhead . It won't be the latest greatest . It won't smoke a rice rocket even half it's size . It will be reticent , reluctant and difficult . It will be what it is and frankly that is enough .
The moment you start thinking compression , "D" cams , stroke , "shovester" , dual bearing trans door , bigger valves , magneto , you have entered the gates of hell . "forsake hope all ye who enter here " .

And for those of you that can't read between the lines , I like ironheads , a lot .

~kop

PHOTO_12638132_29029_21865794_main.jpg

I just read this whole thread. I agree some people who ride just ride to pretend to be some thing they can't be.
The brand of bike they ride has little to do with it.
I have ridden several brands. I like my XS, I like my Harley. I even have fun on the Honda.
I wave to most anything on two wheels, children and blow my horn at dogs and deer.
I'll ride with most anyone who shows me the same respect I show them. Brand be damned.
I have freinds that feel the same way.
I have a freind that has a 74 Harley FXE with a 93 inch Shovelhead. An awesome machine. I was very intimidated by it. Even after spending a day in the saddle.
One day I was on the XS, he on the FXE and had people walk past it to talk to me about my XS. The first time I was surprized. My friend just laughed about it.
He had never owned anything but Harley's. He never disrespected any one about what they ride.
He always said "It's not what you ride but that you ride"
So when some one tries to give me grief about what I ride I smile at them and be on my way. If they want to show of just how stupid they are I let them, I just don't stick around to listen.
I think I'm rambling, It's late, I'm tired, I think I'll sign off and get some sleep.
Leo.

I love everything with 2 wheels, from bicycles to goldwings, All are cool. Just picked up a 02 sporty 883 custom, it will be interesting to see if other harley riders give me the time of day. on my yamahas people never look twice. I remember when my xs650 chopper broke down (due to my shift lever to loose to shift) a group of harley riders drove right on by not even looking at me, that kind of mad me mad because i will do all I could do to help out a fellow biker in need regardless of what he or she rides. All I can say is I won't change just because it says H-D on the tank.

Back