Newbie preparing a 78' Special for a big trip.

Just this morning I was making plans to do exactly what you are doing, and I was wondering the same questions! glad I found this post, I will also be using this information, and keep us updated on how everything turns out! Best of luck

If I looked like "Bronson" when I ride I'd be ok with it.

ronson_in_nicolas_winding_refn_s_bronson_movie__1_.jpg

Tom Hardy as Bronson

I'm wishing you the best on your trip I know Maine will be just the first leg of your journey but if you do happen to have an incident I am more than willing to lend a hand or maybe just meet up with you around the Bangor area (route 1 is a beautiful ride along the coast)

If I looked like "Bronson" when I ride I'd be ok with it.

ronson_in_nicolas_winding_refn_s_bronson_movie__1_.jpg

Tom Hardy as Bronson

That is a Bad-ass lookin Bronson!
This is Me, as Bronson, in MC Classics mag. Bronson told Me I looked more like Bronson, as Donson, than Bronson.....???er...uh...:doh:

Attachments

• motorcycle classics 009.jpg
    motorcycle classics 009.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 199
Back to the subject, sorry about the thread-jack......:banghead:
Antisquare, PM Me before You leave, if You are anywhere near Amarillo, Tx, almost in the center of the old USA, and You need help, I have a trailer, a shop and some cold beer, might even be able to help get Ya going again!:thumbsup:

Couldn't lift your arms.... that's a little frightening maybe I should look into other bar types as well. When are you thinking about beginning your adventure? I'm also traveling cheap, I have a hammock for shelter and a little MSR stove for cooking,

The arms, I'm not exaggerating. I self-diagnosed it as a rotator cuff problem in both shoulders. And self-treated it. It began in fall and is finally about over. It had to have been the handlebars. I couldn't change overhead lightbulbs or pull the shades. I first noticed it when I couldn't sleep with my arms above my head.

The adventure has already begun. This weekend I run a yard sale and keep half the booty.

I went hammocking one time. They say your body adjusts and you stop rolling out of it in the middle of the night. Waking up on the ground at 2:00 am wondering what happened just once is enough for me. Don't put your hammock too high. I use an old style waffled foam Thermarest, and a mummy bag, and simple tent (painted with Thompson's Water Seal).

When I was stove shopping nothing really suited me. So I built two of these. They're incredible. Boil a pot of water in 30 sec. Good for morning coffee.

The arms, I'm not exaggerating. I self-diagnosed it as a rotator cuff problem in both shoulders. And self-treated it. It began in fall and is finally about over. It had to have been the handlebars. I couldn't change overhead lightbulbs or pull the shades. I first noticed it when I couldn't sleep with my arms above my head.

The adventure has already begun. This weekend I run a yard sale and keep half the booty.

I went hammocking one time. They say your body adjusts and you stop rolling out of it in the middle of the night. Waking up on the ground at 2:00 am wondering what happened just once is enough for me. Don't put your hammock too high. I use an old style waffled foam Thermarest, and a mummy bag, and simple tent (painted with Thompson's Water Seal).

When I was stove shopping nothing really suited me. So I built two of these. They're incredible. Boil a pot of water in 30 sec. Good for morning coffee.

Holy Shit, Batman!! bookmarked!

Thank you all very much for your help. I'm going to start working on the bike on Tuesday. Can't wait to get into it! I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way!

Both Bronsons are badass!

"Content Warning

Some readers of this blog have contacted Google because they believe this blog's content is objectionable. In general, Google does not review nor do we endorse the content of this or any blog. For more information about our content policies, please visit the Blogger Terms of Service"

LOL wtf is there?

Just means there could be nudity or lots of foul language

Or it could mean a Ukrainian opium gang has your credit card numbers now. Love the detailed warning.

This is the exact same trip I've been dreaming about! (Except I live in MA so I'd circle the USA counter clockwise from there.) I've got a 1979 Kawasaki KZ650 (I just really like this forum ;-)) but I don't have the money. I am currently between jobs so now is the time to go, but with no job comes no income.

Anyway, I found a great Youtube channel that a guy started who traveled from Arizona to the southern tip of South America on an enduro. He video logged his entire trip with various helmet and hand-held cameras. Check it out, it's full of useful information and countless hours of entertainment! http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlasRider

Also, if you find yourself in Massachusetts at all, I'd love to meet up with you for some of the trip! I live around the Boston area, so feel free to PM me if you come out this way!

-Dave

Back