What oil filter is used for Heiden cooler unit ???

timbeck

HARDLY A GURU
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I need to know what oil filter is used with the Heiden Cooler unit. I believe it's a Honda but I need to know the model it's from or part number---tim

Thanks for the reply Tim, but I would like to buy them locally and save Mike's shipping charges, so I need the model Honda they come from or the part number---tim

Same filter as used in Hondas XR series of trail/enduro bikes, google what filter is used in an XR400 & you'll be fine. Aftermaket XR filters are available also.

From the product description I mentioned:

"Paper Oil Filter Element for XS#15-6504 Performance Oil Filter/Cooler Kit Filter is Honda OEM # 15410-KF0-305/315 / 15412-KF0-000/010 as is used on Honda XL/XR models."

Thanks for the reply Tim, but I would like to buy them locally and save Mike's shipping charges, so I need the model Honda they come from or the part number---tim
Make sure you get the propper gaskets and copper crush washers too . You might get away with re-using them a few times but, when they wear out you will leak oil, and if you don't have that small gasket in ( the one that goes behind the chunk of billet ) you are by-passing the filter anyway. Mike's/ Direct should sell the gaskets and filters as a package deal, but they don't.

Back