Who the heck built this?

rambostylez

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I recently acquired this from a friend, who got it from another friend, who that friend got it from a lien sale auction.

In fact I'm taking it to CHP tomorrow to get it in my name.

But I'm just so damn curious, who built this!? It's definitely some universal hardtail welded on with the use of the subframe...and really the double downtubes?

IMG_20111219_222716.jpg

IMG_20111219_222723.jpg

IMG_20111219_222729.jpg

Last edited:
I started DMV process two weeks ago. I got it in the system and titled by Triple A/DMV but referred to CHP for final vin verification.

Got my appointment tomorrow morning and after that it's straight back to Triple A/DMV to finish the paperwork. In approx 10 days it'll officially be mine.

Would like to get some insight if there were any previous owners, kind of feel bad it has to be like this but heck who wouldn't pass up an opportunity like so?

I'd cut it off and start over. Or cut the hardtail off, and make a brat. At least you have easy options since the ugly plates are still there. I'm not sure what hardtail that is... maybe a universal kit?

Looks homemade to me with universal drop outs. That backbone looks scary from the picture ...+1 on chopping it off.

Posted via Mobile

Loaded up for CHP
IMG_20111227_072114.jpg

And here's a closer look of what's going on in the bottom middle.
Looks like 3 braces, the stock flat bar, another flat bar from the universal hardtail and a round tube joining the subframe/pegs portion. Oh this jenkness!
IMG_20111227_072125.jpg

Maybe.

Well good news, I got a title for it. CHP didn't want to verify it because they said it needed to be running and I told the verifier, "Hey man, why would I put money into it if its technically not mine yet? I'm here just to get a title, see it's on PNO (shows paperwork)."

Comes back 20 mins later and its all good.

Threw a fatboy wheel on the rear now it looks semi decent.
IMG_20111227_095717.jpg

IMG_20111227_095731.jpg

In fact, I don't want it. I just wanted the spare motor haha. I just listed it locally, maybe I can help out a Socal buddy who needs a clean titled frame now.

So u went through al the trouble to title it just to sell it? U shoulda saved urself some time and just pulled the motor in the first place

Posted via Mobile

It wasn't trouble, it was about 2 hrs worth of time total. You gotta understand I'm from California and its getting ridiculous to get these out here. A titled frame is $$$. CHP doesn't vin verify bikes without motors

For what it's worth, selling the frame with title is always a good thing...but, selling a seriously uncool frame with title is just going to turn folks off in my opinion. There's enough of these around to see the tremendous difference... bet you'd get more out of it selling the frame with title with no rear tail section on it. If I saw that deal, I'd jump on it because its ready to be correctly hardtailed. No hassles, no cutting off some hack mechanics' hillbilly artwork.

Hope this helps-

Posted via Mobile

I've done many hardtails from TC bros , david bird and custom homemade garage jig. I'll leave it as so therefore the next owner can cut where he/she wants. You can always cut but once you go to far then many options are limited to what metal is there. Learned that the hardway thrru many errors in fabbing

Back