19" front wheel to rear conversion

tompac

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a conversion kit similar to Omar's to use a 19" front mag on the rear for a street tracker build. attempts to reach Omar's have failed. any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a conversion kit similar to Omar's to use a 19" front mag on the rear for a street tracker build. attempts to reach Omar's have failed. any help would be appreciated.

Omar's is out of business. The new Omar's is just fiberglass. Jim Henry was making them in his spare time, but is laid up after an on track incident. He is not home yet.
I continue to try and find a supplier. I even tried Phil Little, the original Omar's owner about pipes and conversion. We will see.

thanks this is the only part im concerned about. Please let me know if anything changes. ive contacted jim henry as well but received no reply. so i guess its time to be patient...............

i would also be interested in an Omar's exhaust if they are available, but ive found an alternative i happy with if not

Tompac, if you haven't already done so, I suggest checking out the Gemco Exhaust mile pipes as they are far nicer than Phil's pipes. Unlike the XR70 pipes they are right side mounted and look great in ceramic or chrome.
....Mel....

GEMCO will also do left side, if you can get him to respond to emails. I was set to go, but it took him 6 weeks to get back to me, so I went with something at 1/3 the cost. He wants the money up front and at least a 6 week wait.

Get ahold of Jim henry. He made me one not too long ago. I had to wait a few weeks for him to finish his batch order, but it got to me for a very fair price. I've yet to install it though

unfortunately Jim was injured from an on track accident back at the beginning of October. He is still in a rehab hospital with a brain injury. You can get information on Jim at flattrack.com

Last edited:
received parts from the new Omars a few days ago, everything went perfect, good communication and all parts, including the 19
'front to rear wheel conversion , where as advertised. I have not tried the parts on a wheel yet. sorry for not posting sooner but ive had computer issues

Nice to see his kits being produced, I wish Jim's kits were as complete as omars, but that's no worry!!

if y'all want, I can post pics of Jims kit. I just got through bead blasting it and am in the process of procuring stainless hardware and bearings for it, as he outlines in his instructions. I can get pictures later today.

if y'all want, I can post pics of Jims kit. I just got through bead blasting it and am in the process of procuring stainless hardware and bearings for it, as he outlines in his instructions. I can get pictures later today.

Yes, that would be great. Would love to see it...thanks.

Back