Make Offer - 1972 xs2 needs restauration -(italy)

ferrarienzo360

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1972 xs2 needs restauration (italy) with photos

Hey guys,
I'm a complete newbie here and i ask for your kind help.

I have my dad's (already second hand) 1972 xs2 which didn't run in 25 years.

It doesn't run atm, it's rusty in some points, i guess some things need to be changed. Problem is, the previous owner fixed a lot of stuff himself so i doubt about the originality of a few parts (ex. even the painting)

The question i have is: how much would it cost me to restore it or how much could i ask for when selling it? should i even keep it?

i'd really appreciate your help. any advice is appreciated for understanding what i have in my hands! :thumbsup:
michael

Last edited:
Hello Michael,

Post some pictures, this will give myself & other forum members a better idea of what you have.

Purely from an economic standpoint get it running, and sell it as a good start for a custom. Too much of the correct original is missing or in poor shape to be worth the restore BUT I don't know the Italian market and what they like and don't like.

sell it in Australia.....seems like you could almost retire from it...(not really, but they do seem to pay a bit more than here!)

Stick it on e bay and target the ad at the UK market, somebody might want it bad enough to travel to Italy and pick it up. Some guys in the UK go nuts for the XS1 AND XS2 and will try and restore economically unviable bikes - Might be worth a try

Yeah, I agree, £700+ here in Blighty.(much the same in Germany) Youd probably get £300 for the engine alone

Back