1975 xs650 frame - FL no title

Niels B

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
some years ago I bought a bunch of XS's - among the lot was one that i only got a bill of sale on as it was intended to be a parts bike and as such bought without title.
I had the police here in Jacksonville verify the frame - no records of it being stolen or otherwise lost, they issued a title verification showing it was OK.
however the dmv here will not issue a title based on the bill of sale and the police verification - anyone know how to get about getting a title issued in FL? or is there a way about it ?

It’s amazing how different the states are as far as issuing lost titles. Last time I went down I filled out the form myself that I downloaded online. Paid $15 fr the title transfer fee and $15 tax on the bill of sale price. I think they messed up and should have charged tax on the KBB value but it was still easy. Title showed up a week later.

It’s amazing how different the states are as far as issuing lost titles. Last time I went down I filled out the form myself that I downloaded online. Paid $15 fr the title transfer fee and $15 tax on the bill of sale price. I think they messed up and should have charged tax on the KBB value but it was still easy. Title showed up a week later.
i may have to move to MI for a short while :)

What if you bought the bike from a friend in Georgia? Georgia will tag an XS650 with no title. So, maybe a BOS from Georgia? You have options better than moving to Michigan.

Lol that’s what makes summer here so nice and 65 in June is awesome! Stop by in Feb.
I'll bet it's just delightful!

1690572951626.png

Back