Dreaded Cam Chain Guide

thank you for the clarification. Pulkled the guide today. The plastic lining came off almost entirely and I recovered it. Using this situation as an opportunity to up the displacement, add Shell #1 cam, clean the head.
What adhesive did you use? I have one that looks perfect other than the plastic coming off. I'll put it back on rather than use a faulty replacement.

I’m running with one, installed another. I’m out and so is Gary Hoos. We might be SOL on front guides.
Someone else should be supplying them. Don't recall who, but someone is taking over for Gary Hoos.
Maybe @gggGary remembers who it is.? :umm:
Maybe it was Facebook where I read it?

This was a post I made quite some time back after a post Gary made on facebook:

Gary posted on all the XS-650 pages of facebook this afternoon a message that sort of sounds like someone will be taking over his business.

I mean, you kind of have to read between the lines a little but it does allude to that:

"Time to say goodbye part #3. Even though I am retiring, Roger Johnson of R&D Motorcycle Service is still going strong. He has been my Goto guy for service all these years. He taught me much on the service end like crank rebuilding. There is none better. He will be taking over the Performance Parts when I finally close up shop. Be sure to put his information in your book or whereever you keep valuable information.
R&D Motorcycle Service
Phone: 563-340-2837
Email: roger4k@msn.com"

Roger is the guy that has always done the machine-work for Hoos Racing. Last I heard, Roger didn't want to mess with stocking parts, but maybe that's changed (hope so) - keep us posted.

Roger is the guy that has always done the machine-work for Hoos Racing. Last I heard, Roger didn't want to mess with stocking parts, but maybe that's changed (hope so) - keep us posted.
Well, just far as the guide goes... we still have the "roll your own" option. It's even cheaper to boot. :whistle:

https://www.xs650.com/threads/cam-chain-guide-mod.51730/

1683055940630.png

Back