1976 XS Brilliant Red

Manford

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Folks ... I thought would share my Bike and story with you. This bike was my first real motorcycle that I bought in May of 1976 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The second picture I have is myself leaving on it from Toronto (after a visit to my parents in Toronto) back to Winnipeg. My actual serial number bike was traded in on a XS1100 in Toronto and I have not been able to locate it. I purchased this bike (first picture) a couple of years ago and have been working on it to get it to a like new condition .... brings back lots of memories for me when I work on it.
_SLS4697.jpg
Steve getting ready to head back WestModified2.jpgMy1976XS650 (1 of 1).jpg
My1976XS650 (1 of 4).jpg

Since these pictures I have replaced the Tires with Avons to get closer to period rubber.

Greetings Manford, welcome to the forum.

Absolutely beautiful bike! You did a great job!

Looks brand new, wow.

Manford,
Welcome to the site. What an extremely nice bike you have there. Absolutely beautiful. I also had a ‘76 back when it was new, but mine was the blue version that they sold here in America. Hope to see you around the forum.

Hi Manford - wow - what a pretty bike!

I’ve also got a red ‘76 but she isn’t as far along beautification process as yours. Congrats!

May I ask where in Ontario you are located? I’m down the 401 in Windsor.

Pete

Last edited:
Folks ... I thought would share my Bike and story with you. This bike was my first real motorcycle that I bought in May of 1976 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The second picture I have is myself leaving on it from Toronto (after a visit to my parents in Toronto) back to Winnipeg. My actual serial number bike was traded in on a XS1100 in Toronto and I have not been able to locate it. I purchased this bike (first picture) a couple of years ago and have been working on it to get it to a like new condition .... brings back lots of memories for me when I work on it. View attachment 118521 View attachment 118522View attachment 118523 View attachment 118524
Since these pictures I have replaced the Tires with Avons to get closer to period rubber.

Hi Manford and welcome,
me too with buying a new XS650 from a Yamaha dealer in Winnipeg although I still own the NOS1984 Heritage Special that I bought in 1986.

Perfect and clean enough for a hardtail chopper build!
The question is, do you have a plasma cutter or oxy actelyne torch?

Back