Wanted - 1983 H Special front rim

trianglelaguna

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a spoke 83 front- and maybe even matching rear - for sale- or a set of similar brakes set up rims for a xs- mine have too thick rust on both almost eaten through - sat un covered inside damp ocean garage with rims not moved so its gathered and gone …decent set with or without gear attached thanks
Edit - I should mention im in California and not ready to buy them tet but will be swapping old tires and rusted rims this fall etc thanks

Attachments

• D98DD37C-142D-4A61-8199-BC7DF76AA633.jpeg
    D98DD37C-142D-4A61-8199-BC7DF76AA633.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I have a set I'd sell, currently on a bike and can't immediately vouch for condition. Some oxidization of the hubs and maybe some mild rust on rims. I'll have to pull it out and have a look. Would make someone a decent deal on them as I have no intention of using them.
I can maybe get it out to take some pics, it's sandwiched in the shed with two other bikes and I have to leave for Ohio on Saturday to attend a funeral and won't be back till next Tuesday. Looks like you're only interested in the front so I'll concentrate on that.

Hey man that sounds like work - I wouldn’t take em off the bike — i may have a line on a set off ebay im just seeing whats out there im about a month or two away from doing the rims depending on fishing weather thanks for the reply im thinking those are an idea though - dont do anything on my part yet breaking wise

No problem, if I get a chance I'll pop some shots and send them. Was going to wait till I had replacement wheels laced, going with the standard 36 spoke alloy rims.

Thanks yes im screwed as its going to crumble just taking tires off 😃 in a few spots i bet - may not need to if I find rims - likely by oct/ nov or sooner

Back