73 TX650 replacement ends

Dgallis

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I blew out my exhaust end yesterday on my 73 TX 650. Its the left side and just the end part of the cone. I'm looking to find a replacement part or possible advise on what is compatible as a alternate if I cant find a stock replacement. Any advice on where to find a part or what would work in place of the older ends and look/ sound better?

I am no expert but I ran into this problem with the bike I just bought. The stock baffled tubes were gone and all that was really left in the exhaust was the part the original baffled tubes went thru at the exit of the megaphone. I couldn't find anything online to "rebuild" the mufflers and after I swapped pipes on mine I cut mine up to learn more about them. They don't apear to be rebuild able to me, at least not designed that way. I had found the right size baffled tubing to do the work myself but it was not cheap, I ended up swapping a modified stock exhaust I bought her onto the bike. Good luck but I would count on either doing some custom work to get the stock cans back in order or just swap mufflers.

Yes, just put a new exhaust on. Set your original aside in hopes of maybe finding replacement components for it, but don't hold your breath. Get the complete Commando system from Mikes. It's about the best replacement available. Sounds good, flows better than stock, but not too loud.

Back