750 "big bore" kits

Check the stud holes JP. The early ones were too small. They said they fixed that but I don't believe I've heard from anyone that's bought one since.
Thanks! There's a good bit of variance; between 10.5 - 10.95mm on the stud holes. The dowel hole 13.01mm...:shrug:
20230111_164333.jpg

I couldn't remember what I drilled mine to so I just checked.... 10.62mm.
After I drilled it I set it down on a case. Slid off and on nice an' easy.

Yup, - what he said ^ - I think they just need to be a little bigger than 10mm.

I ran a 10.5mm reamer through mine.

No problem installing.

You should be fine.

I have a big bore kit, vm34s and an almost completely open exhaust(running some cheap baffles) with torque inserts and I can tell you compared to a stock bike it’s a completely different beast.

Much more responsive, more down low grunt and a better top end performer that really helps reduce the vibes at cruising speed.

Pulls very nicely through the rev range.

I had some issues with a slipping clutch but got it sorted with new cork and stiffer springs. Hasn’t slipped since.

Mine is installed on an 81.

It may also help that I have ditched a fair bit of weight on the overall bike compared to stock aswell.
Does the engine have to be changed? Does it have to be rephased or can it be installed like just a set of new jugs and rings? Something like that? 🙂

Im contemplating buying one of these kits to squirrel away for future use, kinda like the Shell #1 cam I just bought from Gary Hoos before he runs out of them.

Any idea how these kits do with VM34's, Shell #1 Cam and larger pipes with torque inserts?

Im contemplating buying one of these kits to squirrel away for future use, kinda like the Shell #1 cam I just bought from Gary Hoos before he runs out of them.

Any idea how these kits do with VM34's, Shell #1 Cam and larger pipes with torque inserts?
You might want to talk to Gary or Roger at R&D Cycle (contact info on Gary's website)

I`m pretty sure the difference in price is $157.32. Same kit. Be sure to check if it`s still free shipping.

This is the exact combination I'm putting together right now. 750 kit with Wiseco pistons, ported (by me so nothing extreme!) head, Smedspeed valves & springs. Currently waiting for the cam to arrive.
I'm aiming for a bit more at the bottom and middle. Currently agonising over what jetting I should start with as Dick Russell's baseline is quite different from the setup of the carbs as delivered! Smedspeed say it might be a bit lean and maybe go up one on the pilots, which I think I'll do. I feel fun and games ahead.

Back