706cc Cruzin Image Big Bore kit?

RustiePyles

"Pocket sand! Sh-sh-sha!'
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, my plan WAS to run the 750cc kit from Yamahaxs650.com. Thats not gonna happen now, I don't have enough clearance between the frame and the cylinder with my top pipe for the enlarged fins. So I'm going to have to just work with the OEM cylinder. The cylinder is already 0.25 over bored. Now I need to decide if I'm just going to bore it 0.50 or 0.75 (whatever is needed to get below the pitting in the right cylinder wall) or go with the 706cc piston kit. the difference is only $20 but the 706cc kit will leave the cylinder with no more wall left for further boring. I have spare cylinders laying around so its not the end of the world. Has anyone actually installed the 706cc kit from Cruzin Image? Has anyone dynoed it? What are the actual HP gains? I'll be running a Shell #1 cam from Hoos either way and polishing the exhaust ports in addition to 3 angle cut valves.

Just a word to the wise about Cruzinimage.
Ordered some parts 12/3/2021, haven’t heard anything from them after the order confirmation.
Sent repeated emails, no answer. Sent them a message through PayPal, no reply. I have opened a case through PayPal for a refund, we will see.
I have had parts from them before on several occasions and always had prompt service, plenty of correspondence etc.
I hope they are still trading.
Maybe a Corona thing, but why no response.
You may know different.

Just a word to the wise about Cruzinimage.
Ordered some parts 12/3/2021, haven’t heard anything from them after the order confirmation.
Sent repeated emails, no answer. Sent them a message through PayPal, no reply. I have opened a case through PayPal for a refund, we will see.
I have had parts from them before on several occasions and always had prompt service, plenty of correspondence etc.
I hope they are still trading.
Maybe a Corona thing, but why no response.
You may know different.
Well that sucks... Everything I've heard about them until now has been positive. I have had stuff recently ordered from within the CONUS that has taken a month or more to show up. But that doesn't explain not responding to you. I hope PayPal gets you sorted or the seller fixes it.

That's fixable. ;)
Dressed down fins to follow the curve of the pipe might even add to the "cool factor.":smoke:
That thought had occurred.
9.jpg
10.jpg

http://www.hoosracing.com/ has big bore kits including sleeves...That's how some of us did 750 kits back in the 'day' It was Shell then.
Yeah but at $625+ that puts a pretty big dent in my motorcycle allowance, not out of the question at this point but Id like to explore more cost effective methods first. I can go 706cc for about $240 (pistons=$120 & boring $60 per hole at my local shop)

I have a set of their 706 pistons on the shelf still new in box. I bought them just before the new BBK’s came out at the reduced price. I basically set up an extra top end kit for down the road. I have everything except the machine work to bore the cylinders out. I had no problems with shipping? But that was a few months ago. Sorry I can’t advise on installation or performance though.

I might have some stock sleeves and pistons.... just to give you options.
Sleeves? Really I didn't know they ever sold replacement sleeves... I always thought they just sold replacement cylinders. I know the old 750 Shell kits were re-sleeves but I thought they had to bore the old cast iron liner out and press new ones in? Are the OEM liners just pressed in? How hard are they to get out?

Sleeves? Really I didn't know they ever sold replacement sleeves... I always thought they just sold replacement cylinders. I know the old 750 Shell kits were re-sleeves but I thought they had to bore the old cast iron liner out and press new ones in? Are the OEM liners just pressed in? How hard are they to get out?

Ahhh..... you got some homework to do young grasshopper...... :sneaky:
Have a read here.

I might have some stock sleeves and pistons.... just to give you options.
Ok, easy enough. Don't think the wife would be to thrilled with me putting cylinders in the oven. But she can't stop me from doing it my electric smoker, I can get it to 300F no problem. Wouldn't happen to have a 0.25 over sleeve would ya?:sneaky:

Ok, easy enough. Don't think the wife would be to thrilled with me putting cylinders in the oven. But she can't stop me from doing it my electric smoker, I can get it to 300F no problem. Wouldn't happen to have a 0.25 over sleeve would ya?:sneaky:
Sorry.... they're standard. Very minor pitting in the bottom.... 2 matching pistons...

Yup jim, that's the way we did it. Same way installing new ones. Cylinder in oven, sleeves in freezer. Put a heavy object on top when the sleeves are in. Don't remember if we put any adhesive on them.
ps:. Shell sleeves were oversize so machining will be 4 holes.

Ok, my plan WAS to run the 750cc kit from Yamahaxs650.com. Thats not gonna happen now, I don't have enough clearance between the frame and the cylinder with my top pipe for the enlarged fins. So I'm going to have to just work with the OEM cylinder. The cylinder is already 0.25 over bored. Now I need to decide if I'm just going to bore it 0.50 or 0.75 (whatever is needed to get below the pitting in the right cylinder wall) or go with the 706cc piston kit. the difference is only $20 but the 706cc kit will leave the cylinder with no more wall left for further boring. I have spare cylinders laying around so its not the end of the world. Has anyone actually installed the 706cc kit from Cruzin Image? Has anyone dynoed it? What are the actual HP gains? I'll be running a Shell #1 cam from Hoos either way and polishing the exhaust ports in addition to 3 angle cut valves.

A lot of horsepower gains are in the head...........cruzinimage do have 2mil oversized pistons. These take you out to around 688cc. Not big bore but will leave another re-bore, at a later date, in those liners to take the 3 mil oversized, 706cc pistons so there is less wastage.........a good headjob is comparable to, if not better than just a cc gain in my opinion

Back