75b Frontend redo and deep clean

There are so many different options to use for the non glossy black components.I’ve used a few different ones but have been quite pleased with the Krylon color maxx matte black. I use it now on the Hondas,Triumps and BSA’s I do as well.Just an addded tid bit if you’re overwhelmed by all the choices available these days.

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 13
There are so many different options to use for the non glossy black components.I’ve used a few different ones but have been quite pleased with the Krylon color maxx matte black. I use it now on the Hondas,Triumps and BSA’s I do as well.Just an addded tid bit if you’re overwhelmed by all the choices available these days.
And yes I missed an H at the end of Triumph.😁

What’s the homemade tool idea for popping this clip.?I have an old way but not the greatest.TIA
It still works with an extra hand to slide the flat of small screwdriver behind after the Pointed hook pulls it away a tad.

Attachments

• IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 19
After I install the seal, I pack it with grease and also coat the washer and wire clip to ward off corrosion should any water get in there .....

SealGreased.jpg

I found this tip when researching oil seals and you can read about it at the end of the first post here .....

https://www.xs650.com/threads/engine-oil-seals.52383/

I chose to use red rubber grease here instead of regular petroleum based grease and so far, it seems to be working well.

I did go with 5t’s suggestion to brighten up the headlight bucket.Also again glad I’d read through previous threads here.The amount of sludge in the bottom was surprising.Used my gun cleaning kit and a couple different wads and a little splash of solvent to loosen first.Everything’s clean and dry now.

Attachments

• IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5723.jpeg
    IMG_5723.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 25
Good you tube on 75b fork rebuild other than his old seal removal technique.A bit of a crude method on the soft aluminum but he gets its.

Attachments

• IMG_5760.jpeg
    IMG_5760.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 12
.028 gap between the upper triple tree and chrome top ring of headlight ear is evident and noted after the All Balls Racing part #22-1015 Steering taperedbearings kit.3rd finest of 11 Yamaha 1975 XSb’s gets an O-ring.Not a bad thing,I suppose,YET.I’m not the best conveyor of today’s world of verbage.” The worlds a stage and

Attachments

• IMG_5827.png
    IMG_5827.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5828.png
    IMG_5828.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5829.png
    IMG_5829.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
That looks really good and you’ve been very meticulous with your work. The o-ring seems to be the go-to fix for the gap created by the new bearing set. Looking very nice……

each of us play a part. I was young collecting Studebaker cars and parts.Didn’t get good marks on the report card for;Plays well with others.Wasn’t fun.
That looks really good and you’ve been very meticulous with your work. The o-ring seems to be the go-to fix for the gap created by the new bearing set. Looking very nice……
O-ring is just enough to snug it lightly. I’m happy with this.

Attachments

• IMG_5834.jpeg
    IMG_5834.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 23
I've never needed to add an o-ring, but I leave the top grease seal out.

Forks reassembled and back on.Waiting on brake lines before reinstalling headlight bucket and reconnecting wires.Spokes on order for wheel.Polishing rim and hub while spokes are out.Using a spare wheel with same pattern to refer to as needed while relacing.

Attachments

• IMG_5863.jpeg
    IMG_5863.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5862.jpeg
    IMG_5862.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5859.jpeg
    IMG_5859.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5853.jpeg
    IMG_5853.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 16
Lotta back and forth trips from the shop to the house this weekend while she’s gone to K/C. I could still heat the big part of the shop but I don’t.$$$$.Thought I’d use the 68degree kitchen a bit while she’s away to clean and let dry some smalls.Thinking I’m probably not the only one here that’s done this while she’s away.Lol.🤫

Attachments

• IMG_5866.jpeg
    IMG_5866.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5869.jpeg
    IMG_5869.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 15
Back