79F 650 Cam Chain Guide

10.jpg

No, not that I'm aware of. You just buy the guide and any other parts that are needed. At the very least that would be topend gaskets but could also include a new chain, valve guide seals, rings and/or pistons, etc. It all depends on the condition of the other parts and you'll need to pull it apart to determine that.

Whatever you do avoid those mudderfukkin green Athena gaskets like the plague. They're crap junk garbage useless shit.
Did I mention I don't like 'em? :er:

Here's my base gasket after 3-4k miles. Pushed itself out about 6mm. It ain't leakin' yet, but give it time.... it will. The cam cover gaskets actually split in a few places... and yeah, leaked all over the head.... crap useless garbage. :cussing:
@grizld1 warned us for years to stay away from 'em. Did I listen? No. :cautious:

1666044680726.png

Whatever you do avoid those mudderfukkin green Athena gaskets like the plague. They're crap junk garbage useless shit.
Did I mention I don't like 'em? :er:

Here's my base gasket after 3-4k miles. Pushed itself out about 6mm. It ain't leakin' yet, but give it time.... it will. The cam cover gaskets actually split in a few places... and yeah, leaked all over the head.... crap useless garbage. :cussing:
@grizld1 warned us for years to stay away from 'em. Did I listen? No. :cautious:

View attachment 227847
Quit sugar coating it, and tell us what you really think!

My Athena base gasket pushed out just like Jim's, but thankfully it has never leaked. Wish I could say the same about the head gasket, lol.

Guess you guys found out the hard way that Athena's use of easily available 1.5 mm. stock in their head gaskets instead of Vesrah's made-to-OE spec of 1.43 makes a difference. Lessons: 1. Measure before you install. 2. Assume that any alteration in deck height will impact valve timing and performance. Now let's hear from all those guys who've installed Athena crap and can't feel the difference. IMO there's nothing worse than shills and mouthy rookies.

+1 on cam chain guides from Hoos Racing. If you buy from Mike's don't say you weren't warned.

Last edited:
Back