8 Wire rectifier regulator for XS

tigs79

XS650 Member
Reaction score
HI guys,

I ordered a 7 wire rectifier regulator, supplier sent me a 8 wise instead. can any one assist if it would be possible to use 8 wire, if so advise on wiring it.

thanks

HI guys,

I ordered a 7 wire rectifier regulator, supplier sent me a 8 wise instead. can any one assist if it would be possible to use 8 wire, if so advise on wiring it.

thanks

More information needed. From whom did you buy it? What is the part number? What are the colours of all 8 wires? What is the year of your engine?

I got it from a local agent from the UK electrex code: RR21/22 the rectifier has two plugs, one has 3 yellow wires a black and a white, the other plug has a green, black and a red
I connect the three yellows to the three white from the alternator the black into the black and the white to the green
The other plug I connected the the red to the battery the black to the positive wire after the ignition switch and grounded the green.
And both my brushes are ungrounded.
Thanks

With two plugs I might assume the one plug serves the reg half and the other the rec half. The rec half is the one with the 3 yellow, a black and white. The 3 yellow to the bikes 3 white, the black to ground the white is probably the wire to feed power to the battery.
The other plug has a green a black and a red. Red to power after the switch, black to ground, green to the outer/left brush. Ground the inner brush.
From your description they sent you a reg/rec for the early bikes. The ones with a separate reg and rec. The later models, here in the US used a combo reg/rec.
What is your bike and what reg and rec did it use as stock?
Leo

Back